Texas

Even in my woods the wind is horrible! And..as an added bonus, There's dust everywhere, coops, cars, trees even look covered. I'm not sure if the dust was first or last, but everything's a mess!!

Yeah, real great. The wind did little to my tiny "farm" but it sure was cold as hell. And now tonight, a freeze. Wonderful. I guess I shouldn't complain too badly though since thats just about right on schedule for here. First frost is usually around Dec 15th or so.

Still. yuk.

My poor goose hates being wet. He did not have it last night and escaped Into the bigger pen! Lol!
So so sad because my $400 dollar coop gotten thrown around like a doll! My silkied and seramas were in there! It was a MESS!

My splayed legged quail is doing great btw guys! He's been getting sips out of a bottle cap. Also, is a day old quail suppose to be barley bigger than a quarter? Poor thing with his casts on looks like a cooked turkey! His feet stick straight up.

So so sad because my $400 dollar coop gotten thrown around like a doll! My silkied and seramas were in there! It was a MESS!
Yikes! Probably scared the crap out the poor things!

That was something we were really concerned about since there are no trees to block the wind here and it rips across our pasture really bad. I hate that our chicken tractors are so heavy, but I did not want to constantly worry about them getting thrown around so we made them pretty heavy and very sturdy. Even so, I was outside under the carport shining the flashlight on them when the worst part of the storm hit and it was raining sideways.

I use the heavy duty kennels that are made with solid wire panels. They are staked and tied down to our livestock panels that we use for fencing. They didn't budge, but I kept waiting for the roofs to rip off of them.
I don't go outside in the wind or lightening, it's like a war zone out there. We live on 12.5 acres that have a tree row in the front and a grove of trees in the back, they are no protection. My one lonely tree in the pasture the wind pulled it up by the roots. I really hate winds like that.

Yikes!  Probably scared the crap out the poor things!

That was something we were really concerned about since there are no trees to block the wind here and it rips across our pasture really bad.  I hate that our chicken tractors are so heavy, but I did not want to constantly worry about them getting thrown around so we made them pretty heavy and very sturdy.  Even so, I was outside under the carport shining the flashlight on them when the worst part of the storm hit and it was raining sideways.

Probably! My ducks cages roof got ripped off so they were flippin out! Poor guys! It scared me cause my most prized bird was in a coop that got flipped! I went out there this morning and saw trash, leavEs, sticks, etc, but didn't even notice that cage flipped over! I ran over and the door had came off so she was in the run! I picked the cage up and just threw it! :lol: I picked her up and gave her a treat and she was fine! * THANK GOD!* love my little serama hen! The silkies were chillin' without a care in the world in the bits of hay still left in the nesting boxes!

R.I.P. to my favorite pullet! Morticia Adams passed last night durring the freeze. My 10yo and I are heartbroken!
I believe she may have been eggbound but not sure....DW says she hasnt seen her eat for the past few days....
They were my favorite breed too!

R.I.P. to my favorite pullet! Morticia Adams passed last night durring the freeze. My 10yo and I are heartbroken!
I believe she may have been eggbound but not sure....DW says she hasnt seen her eat for the past few days....
They were my favorite breed too!

hugs.gif
So sorry for your loss, hugs to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom