Texas

I charge $2.50 a dozen and don't wash them. If any need washing, I save those for myself to use. I don't like to sell eggs over a week or two old. I do refrigerate them. But if I had 50 hens I probably wouldn't, there wouldn't be enough room!

I'm excited because someone else's pullet laid her first egg! But it is one of the EE's I gave to chicklettSarge! Grats!! :weee

My DW is making me eggs as we speak! Lol
she says thank you for her Christmas present!
We were so disapointed wen we found blue ameracaunas from meyers hatchery but they were 20 bux a day old pullet!!!! I just had to ask if you still had them! YA DID! I will post a pic if i can find the cable to my phone....

Anybody else get the nice wind storm that is still going on?

We lost a tree in the pasture, 2 unused pens are thrown around. I haven't been out front yet, or checked my house for roof damage.

But all the animals are A-OK

We lost a tree in the pasture, 2 unused pens are thrown around. I haven't been out front yet, or checked my house for roof damage.

We've been having this wind since yesterday morning. I heard two trees snap and fall last night. We have dead trees from the drought and they are snapping all over the pastures. I thought some of my chickens were going to blow away they were walking sideways.

Last edited:

Yep. Our very large & heavy chicken tractor that requires a vehicle to move it, was rolled approx 30 feet from it's spot yesterday - stopped only because of the electrical cord attached to it to run the Christmas lights I strung up on it for decoration wasn't longer. Lots of things moved around outside. My weather station says the wind is a steady 10-12 mph right now. Been digging wet feed out of the feeders this morning since the rain blew sideways last night.

Last edited:

Goodness yes!! My chickens are running from corner to corner with their feathers going every which way! They love it out there and would be furious if I kept them in the coop.

Lisa :)

Mine too. And when I went outside I found one little Muskovy duckling following it's Mama
love.gif

I had to get out there in the storm last night! It was awful... It unlocked one of my coops and completely ripped the top off throwing it approximately 20 feet away and scalded my duck cage of its roof! Poor silkies were about soaked... Got a blow dry! Lol! Hopefully my ducks are alright it was hard to inspect my geese cause they were freaking out! * face palm * we have a tree that grew sideways * literally * it looks like a straight line over it. I hope that didn't fall!

Back
Top Bottom