Texas

Knobby, do you happen to remember where you got this, or anyone else for that matter knows where to get large peices of netting material? I am wanting to put a cover over my run and was atucally thinking about using that camo stuff made for deer/duck blinds in order to give shade to the run as well. Anyone got any insight on this?
i found some at the home depot! go to the out door garden section!

**laughs** My husband swears I can't walk 10 feet without falling. There is something wonky with my ankles in the last few years that makes just basic walking difficult if I hit any sort of contortment in the ground. Considering we live on a slight slope and "grow rocks", it's a given that our ground is not very flat. I have as yet to break a bone **knocks wood**

I don't get "be careful and don't hurt yourself"....nooooo....I get "don't do anything stupid"...cuz, yeah...well, maybe I have a tendency of doing some rather not so bright things. Ironic all things considered. But, I have some serious moments where my brain just jets off to Tahiti without me.

Man, I winced reading through all the bumps and breaks you've gone through. I'm amazed and astounded :)

My nickname growing up was "one armed bandit".. in the 80's it changed to "crash test dummy"
I have such a nice family.. lol

Your land sounds like mine.. we also live on a slope and have those wonderful limestone rocks everywhere...

Knobby, do you happen to remember where you got this, or anyone else for that matter knows where to get large peices of netting material? I am wanting to put a cover over my run and was atucally thinking about using that camo stuff made for deer/duck blinds in order to give shade to the run as well. Anyone got any insight on this?

i found some at the home depot! go to the out door garden section!

Walmart sells "fruit tree bird netting".. it's the super fine stuff.. I think Home Depot sells the same stuff.. but I like that camo duck blind netting idea.. heck anything that can give extra shade is a plus around here!

I got it through Amazon but their seller doesn't list it anymore. Just go to Amazon and type in aviary netting. It's 2 inch knotted squares, heavy duty and black. There's all kinds of prices but I'm happy with mine and it was about $35 plus postage for 25x50' in November.

I got it through Amazon but their seller doesn't list it anymore. Just go to Amazon and type in aviary netting. It's 2 inch knotted squares, heavy duty and black. There's all kinds of prices but I'm happy with mine and it was about $35 plus postage for 25x50' in November.
Thank you for the input! if everything come together correctly it should be nice! i guess i just dont use amazon enough now-a-days. Ill start looking around. The pen i am Converting to my run is about a 20'x20' square with 6' chain link all the way around, and am wanting to drape this netting over a center support wire and it go from side to side without the sag...really hope it works out as well as it does in my mind...
fl.gif

Thank you for the input! if everything come together correctly it should be nice! i guess i just dont use amazon enough now-a-days. Ill start looking around. The pen i am Converting to my run is about a 20'x20' square with 6' chain link all the way around, and am wanting to drape this netting over a center support wire and it go from side to side without the sag...really hope it works out as well as it does in my mind...
fl.gif
Hope it works well. The netting weighs nothing. I've had a squirrel chew a corner to get in and out but it serves its purpose to keep birds out and mine in for that matter. I'm sold.

Hey Texans

I live in East Texas and am looking for some Ameracuana hens for my lone rooster. He is 17 weeks old. Not really interested in young chicks. Will drive. If anyone has knowledge of breeders in Texas let me know. Thanks, Ann

My nickname growing up was "one armed bandit".. in the 80's it changed to "crash test dummy"
I have such a nice family.. lol

Your land sounds like mine.. we also live on a slope and have those wonderful limestone rocks everywhere...

LOL sounds like your family is a hoot. I was just called Pi (yes, 3.1416......). I come from a family of nerds...country nerds...if that just doesn't sound wrong, I don't know what does. **snickers**

This is what I see out off my back porch...

That's what I have to work with...well - that is where my coops (and maybe a couple goats) are going, except for my tractors (the little A frames)...They go here, on all that open ground.

We back onto a wet season creek - in other words, it gets water just often enough to be annoying unusable **laughs** But, we have a bluff behind us that means we never have to deal with the people who own the land back there bothering us; and, we get these awesome shows in the morning:

Not to mention, the other two houses on our road have some pretty great people in them. The whole area is actually pretty packed full of awesome where people are concerned. So, it's not so bad...even if I am going to have to do hugelkultur if I want to actually grow anything. And, they'll have to be under a Fort Knox worth of protection due to the sheer number of deer around.

Hey Texans

I live in East Texas and am looking for some Ameracuana hens for my lone rooster. He is 17 weeks old. Not really interested in young chicks. Will drive. If anyone has knowledge of breeders in Texas let me know. Thanks, Ann

Hey, Ann. Welcome :) I hope you have luck in your search. I don't have any to help you out. Not sure who around here has some actual Ameraucanas. Lots of EEs; and, I'm sure there's a breeder or two around here; but, I don't know of them...so - this post is just to say "Hi!"....k...I'm done, now.
woot.gif

Hey Texans

Welcome Ann! I have Ameraucanas but only chicks. What kind of roo do you have? Paul Smith in Gainsville has Ameraucanas but I don't think he is on BYC. You can Google him. It's going to be tough right now to find adult birds. Check out the BYC Members Map and maybe you can find someone close. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/740342/interactive-byc-map You can also add yourself to it. Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom