Texas

Is anyone in the Montgomery County area interested in Basque chicks? I live in the backside of Magnolia. I'm going to have some extras for sale. If interested PM me. Thanks

PM sent
droolin.gif

so I called fish and game to double check.. they informed me that ALL pheasants regardless of type (ornamental or ringneck) have to be licensed in the state of Texas.

It costs $27 (since I doubt I will ever exceed 1000 in a year) and requires a single form. I don't mind filling it out. I'd have to for the Muscovy anyway.

BTW, it also includes turkeys as well as "ducks of all varieties" and certain varieties of quail....

It's a single license that covers all of the gamebirds. So, the pheasants shouldn't be an issue if you want them.

I asked Chris @ TPWD about the "propagation" - asked, "So, I need the license even if I'm not selling?" He said, very politely, "Yes, ma'am."

Last edited:
We're in Emory, Texas, In northeast texas, about 60 miles east of Dallas, near Lake Fork, and Lake Tawakoni.
"There is no fairer place on earth warmed by the son." Macijah Autrey, hero and defender of the Alamo.
Texas Strong!!!!!

Are there any chicken breeders close to me?

the license is NOT required for domestics only "gamebirds"

Alrighty - per the regulation it is for all varieties of ducks...including Muscovy. So, I dunno. Chris at TPWD licensing said it was applicable. And, well, the sheet shows particular breeds of quail, and all varieties of ducks and all varieties of pheasants. So, I am just erring on the side of caution. $27 won't break me, and it covers all the bases. Easier to go overboard than to get screwed somehow in the future for failing to file for a license.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom