Texas

I get my seeds at the feed stores. I love the Producers Cooperative Association in Bryan. I don't usually plant the seeds from the vegies because they are hybrids. I tried to grow some poll beans from last years seeds and none came up.

Does anyone need cockerels I have too many. Basque (3 that are 3 months old), Swedish Flower(2 that are around 5 months)? I have Rhodebar chicks also if anymore is interested. PM me. My husband is going to blow a gasket if I don;t get rid of some

Does anyone need cockerels I have too many.  Basque (3 that are 3 months old), Swedish Flower(2 that are around 5 months)?  I have Rhodebar chicks also if anymore is interested.  PM me.  My husband is going to blow a gasket if I don;t get rid of some

Where are you located???

My sixteen year old son has hfa as well he is slowly coming around to eating what we Raise he is very sensitive as well

That's good to know. She has no issues with butchering our goat. He's a bit obnoxious and likes to harass her when she's doing the egg gathering and such. But she doesn't know how she's going to feel about the turkeys or meat birds we will eventually raise.

We've seen a slow down in egg production since it has gotten so hot and miserable.

I was wondering about that. How much slower does egg production get when the heavy heat hits? No one really talks about that in the books I read before getting the chickens.

I get my seeds at the feed stores. I love the Producers Cooperative Association in Bryan. I don't usually plant the seeds from the vegies because they are hybrids. I tried to grow some poll beans from last years seeds and none came up.

I've found the seed from Producer's to be lackluster as I don't use any fertilizers. I bought some seed from Farm Patch this year and its been doing far better than the same types of seed I got last year. This year I've ordered a little seed (its expensive!) from http://www.highmowingseeds.com/ High Mowing Seeds is the founder of the Safe Seed Pledge. That way I can gather seed plus they have gathering instructions if I'm not familiar with what I'm growing.

Hi all, I'm in Waco, I'm having a heck of a time with squash bugs and grasshoppers this year in my garden. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. And would guineas help with the squash bugs. I tossed a few over to my hens and they gave me that "I'm not eating that thing " look and just walk a way. Thinking about trading a few of my buff silkie for the guineas. Only looking for 3 or guineas. But if they won't eat the squashbugs I may as well keep spraying 7dust.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom