Texas

Stealing livestock is not a civil issue. They used to hang people for it. Might want to get a game camera and get pics of her in the act. Call the LEO and ask to speak with someone besides the responding officers. I am needing to thin out my small flock. They are overcrowded and picking on each other. PM me if interested in three PR's free to a good home.

thats crazy, someone over in the quail forums just had 30 of his birds stolen too! its running rampant right now! i dare someone to come try and take mine

ETA: im not sure how far you are willing to travel, but if you come down houston-ways, i have a pretty trio of cukoo marans id be willing to part with. pullets should be laying any time now. i thnk they are waiting because of this insane heat going on right now.

Last edited:
Stealing livestock is not a civil issue. They used to hang people for it. Might want to get a game camera and get pics of her in the act. Call the LEO and ask to speak with someone besides the responding officers. I am needing to thin out my small flock. They are overcrowded and picking on each other. PM me if interested in three PR's free to a good home.

Yup! In the middle of a Felony case in Austin Co right now for cattle being stolen from me. Just FYI...lol

I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the coop. It has been "liveable" for the last month or so, but it still needs some exterior trim work and decorations. The girls really seem to like it. This was my first real attempt at construction and I am pretty proud of it.

The girls "Farm House"

The egg door

Nest boxes with fake eggs.

Some of the girls enjoying the evening breeze.

Thanks for all the help to everyone.

I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the coop. It has been "liveable" for the last month or so, but it still needs some exterior trim work and decorations. The girls really seem to like it. This was my first real attempt at construction and I am pretty proud of it.

The girls "Farm House"

The egg door

Nest boxes with fake eggs.

Some of the girls enjoying the evening breeze.

Thanks for all the help to everyone.
I'm impressed. Where did you get your plans?

I caught her this morning, but when I called the police, she pulled the whole "what chickens?" bit. They weren't running around there, so I assume she processed them. We both have large acreage, though, so she could have put them somewhere away from her house. The cops said it was a civil issue... makes me want to tote around my "law enforcement" device...

Grrr... I guess I'm a bit cranky today.

I think you have every right to be cranky!! I am really sorry for your loss. You really need to get a camera. You should probably start target practicing. Never hurts to keep up on your training.
hide.gif

Lisa :)

I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the coop. It has been "liveable" for the last month or so, but it still needs some exterior trim work and decorations. The girls really seem to like it. This was my first real attempt at construction and I am pretty proud of it. The girls "Farm House" Beautiful! The inside of our old farmhouse has old barnwood ceilings, walls.......love old barnwood :ya

We just use neon colored zip ties. Super cheap and easy to find. Also easy to see on the birds across the yard.

From baby to fully mature, we've only had to change them a couple times. When they're little, they will still stay on pretty well if you leave lots of growing room. Occasionally one will fall off, but hasn't happened to us but a couple times.

Back
Top Bottom