Texas

Okay, you are a little over 3 hours north of me. Does anyone ever know where all these towns are in Texas? I am from Indiana. I usually knew the general location of a town.

Lisa :)
You get used to it :)

I think it's funny how in DFW (and other places) so many towns are "people" names. There's Joshua, Justin, Allen, Lucas. Murphy. Aubrey. Melissa, Anna. Celina, Leonard. Savanah, Addison. Then further south there's a Kyle (which is my husband's name).

It wasn't like that where I grew up in Virginia. All of the places ended in burg, town, or ville. :)

Great job! Inside and out looks awesome!
I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the coop. It has been "liveable" for the last month or so, but it still needs some exterior trim work and decorations. The girls really seem to like it. This was my first real attempt at construction and I am pretty proud of it. The girls "Farm House" The egg door Nest boxes with fake eggs. Some of the girls enjoying the evening breeze. Thanks for all the help to everyone.
Great looking coop but you might want to consider more air flow. It looks HOT.

Okay, you are a little over 3 hours north of me.  Does anyone ever know where all these towns are in Texas?  I am from Indiana.  I usually knew the general location of a town.

Lisa :)

You get used to it :)

I think it's funny how in DFW (and other places) so many towns are "people" names. There's Joshua, Justin, Allen, Lucas. Murphy. Aubrey. Melissa, Anna. Celina, Leonard. Savanah, Addison. Then further south there's a Kyle (which is my husband's name). 

It wasn't like that where I grew up in Virginia. All of the places ended in burg, town, or ville. :) 
That's because the towns in the east were founded mostly by English or European folks, where it was the norm to name towns that way. Here farther west, people got rowdy and dumped that standard. We have some wierd town names for sure. And the state is just too big to know every little one of them. Born in Texas and been looking at it's map for more than 50 years yet I have no idea where 90% of the tiny places are still w/out looking at Google maps.

Me too! Especially on craigslist! I think thats the best geography teacher there is!!

Making a batch of devilled eggs today! Using about 30 eggs gathered over the last 1.5 weeks...its kinda funny. They range from bantam size eggs all they wa to a couple jumbos that were laid this week

Anyone have or had a chicken afraid of heights? One of my 9 week old EE's is scared terribly of heights! IF she gets brave enough to get on the roost(think she uses the ladder.. need to watch as it's not often!), she cries for someone to help her down.. I even have a ladder and she is afraid to go down it! For the past two nights she has cried for me to put her up! Now.. the roost is only like 18" off the ground! WITH a ladder! Any ideas to help her get over this fear? It's so sad as she comes running up to us crying like she is scared to death! It's funny as she is the shiest of all of them.. rather avoids human contact.. not in a flighty way though.. yet when she wants help she lets me pick her up! (first time really in 9 weeks!) Oh yeah.. this is also the one I have to physically pick up through out the day and put her feet in water to cool her.. she will pant up a storm but refuses to do it herself! WHAT is wrong with this chicken!
lau.gif

Anyone have or had a chicken afraid of heights? One of my 9 week old EE's is scared terribly of heights! IF she gets brave enough to get on the roost(think she uses the ladder.. need to watch as it's not often!), she cries for someone to help her down.. I even have a ladder and she is afraid to go down it! For the past two nights she has cried for me to put her up! Now.. the roost is only like 18" off the ground! WITH a ladder! Any ideas to help her get over this fear? It's so sad as she comes running up to us crying like she is scared to death! It's funny as she is the shiest of all of them.. rather avoids human contact.. not in a flighty way though.. yet when she wants help she lets me pick her up! (first time really in 9 weeks!) Oh yeah.. this is also the one I have to physically pick up through out the day and put her feet in water to cool her.. she will pant up a storm but refuses to do it herself! WHAT is wrong with this chicken!
lau.gif
awe
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom