Texas

...I meant to ask yesterday if this was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek funny????
yes sister dear. Little Charlie is 5 mos in his mommy tummy now, expected date is March 20.

Sorry to see that your rooster loved your leg so much. Next time show him the pot and he will show you more respect.

My Welsummer roo attacked me again this morning. I picked him up by the neck, gave him a swing over my head and threw him back to the ground. For a moment there I wanted to keep on swinging and maybe should have. Earlier this year he attacked my leg and put a bruise nearly all the way around my calf.

The damage he did the last time he attacked me.

The rogue roo.

After I swung/threw him he kept FAR away from me. It must have scared him. I feel a little bad about it...on the other hand I cannot worry about being attacked every time I'm around the chickens.
Tammy I think you have to send him to freezer camp. it will cure him I have found most are not willing to stop once they start. he is such a pretty boy kellogs corn flakes man...lol.. good luck and be careful as he will start to attack u from behind.

My Welsummer roo attacked me again this morning. I picked him up by the neck, gave him a swing over my head and threw him back to the ground. For a moment there I wanted to keep on swinging and maybe should have. Earlier this year he attacked my leg and put a bruise nearly all the way around my calf.

After I swung/threw him he kept FAR away from me. It must have scared him. I feel a little bad about it...on the other hand I cannot worry about being attacked every time I'm around the chickens.
The first rooster that our neighbors had four years ago used to come over to our yard and terrify me. He drew blood on my husband's bare legs a few times. When I went out to the backyard to hang up clothes, I sometimes used our laundry basket as a shield to ward him off. Eventually he made the fatal decision to attack the Rottweiler who lived next door on the other side. I was not heartbroken. Since then, our neighbors have had gentle roosters.

The rogue roo.

Hi
hugs.gif
love.gif

I had a beauteous Welsummer Roo named D-eggo and he was such a good roo until he was about a year and a half old. Then he decided he didn't like my poor sweet hubby
th.gif
. I had promised my hubby I would never let him be attacked by a chicken since he was already the target of our very blood thirsty geese
gig.gif
. I was going to get rid of him immediately but being the sweet hubby he is he suggested I find out in this forum if there wasn't something we could do to gentle him back up. Well one lady told me that every time I went into the run I should pick him up and put him in a small holding cage so my hubby could be the dominate one. After about 4 days he realized I was going to put him in THE SMALL CAGE -
roll.png
and he started to violently attack me
th.gif
. We now have Little D-eggo who is truly sweet and gentle and I learned that I would never keep an aggressive roo. If they show any aggression to either the hens or us they end up in the crock pot
hu.gif
. We had a couple of Ameraucana roos that were sweet to us but had my beauteous ladies screaming and throwing themselves against the run walls trying to get away ! Aggression can and is bred into chickens and so I cull any that show even a little
hugs.gif
love.gif
. Your wounds look terrible
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
. My legs looked like I had rolled around in razor wire after just a few days of Big D-eego's assaults
barnie.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
My Welsummer's are going into a breeding pen soon so if you need a new Welsummer Roo I would be glad to give you one when he is available. They mostly come from a lady here that goes by Ruth but her name is Monica and her birds are top quality. The ladies give the most beauteous orangey-brown eggs with the prettiest chocolate sprinkles
hugs.gif
love.gif

Quote: Hi
hugs.gif
love.gif

For a Wedding Gift I would love to replace any chickens you have lost
hugs.gif
love.gif
. I am North of San Antonio and I have quite a few beauteous High Quality Breeds. When you can come down or are ready for them just PM me and we can arrange something. I have English Lavender Orps and Golden Cuckoo Marans and Polish hatching right now. I will be putting Blue Ameraucanas and Welsummers in a breeding pen next. I also have Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Salmon Faverolles, Golden Campines and Blue English Orpingtons and English Jubilee Orpngtons as well and I am sure I am leaving a few out
gig.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Thanks for your kindness Melissa. I do have lots of chicken so the loss not really affect. However, among the one that the dog killed was a Polish Frizzle that I promised to give to a friend in San Marcos pending they complete their cage. This is for a friend at work and I told this lady that the chicken will be a perfect Christmas gift for their grand daughter. They were excited and the husband is working on a small cage for the very first chicken. Is the Polish you mentioned the same as the Polish Frizzle? If so, I would like to have some chicks for my friend.

Good Morning Fellow Texans!

After reading the past few posts I am so happy to be a member of this forum. We really do have some of the nicest people on here!

Hungnguyen, I am so excited for you and your wife. I wish she could come here to have her baby.

Melissa Rose, you are a very special lady!

Tammy, I had two Welsummer roosters that were also aggressive. They would always attack me as a team. Just a shame because they are beautiful birds.

Have a great day!!

Lisa :)

Good Morning Lisa! I know you out there somewhere!!!

Last night we went to a birthday party at a restaurant in Austin and on the way I started getting that little drainage thing in the back of my throat. It looks like my annual Thanksgiving cold has made it's debut!
rant.gif
I cannot tell you all how many times I have cooked a Thanksgiving meal and have not been able to taste one morsel of it.
hit.gif

Melissa - I think you are correct about the aggression being passed down...I assume that is how they breed for fighting roosters. The birds were VERY quiet and on their BEST behavior for the rest of the day yesterday.

Thanks for your kindness Melissa. I do have lots of chicken so the loss not really affect. However, among the one that the dog killed was a Polish Frizzle that I promised to give to a friend in San Marcos pending they complete their cage. This is for a friend at work and I told this lady that the chicken will be a perfect Christmas gift for their grand daughter. They were excited and the husband is working on a small cage for the very first chicken. Is the Polish you mentioned the same as the Polish Frizzle? If so, I would like to have some chicks for my friend.
The breed is the same but I do not raise Frizzles. They would have curly wacky feathers - mine are smooth coat - but I do have some Polish Sultan Crosses that are really pretty. This is a Sultan

And This is a Polish

The crosses I get look exactly like the Sultan with the feathered legs and feet but most turn out a beauteous blue color
hugs.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom