Texas

One of our Easter Eggers from Cackle is getting so pretty, I just wanted to share! I don't know how we've missed it, its like overnight she just blossomed.
big_smile.png

I wish I could tell from pictures which chick she was but they all look so similar its so hard to tell!

She is beautiful!

Yaaaaaay!!! It like it! I bet they like it more :) Like everyone said, it was helpful! lol I had never thought to check. AND, they've already packed down the dirt in their run, I need to get them a dust bath! If you hadn't brought up mites, I wouldn't have remembered :p Indian Paintbrushes are my favorite! :) Story of my life....lol I'm becoming a chicken junkie! What breed is Lily?? She's pretty... She looks like the opposite of the EE roo I had! He was white with black/tan/red speckles. Lol Now that the thought is there, It's going to stay. Lol I have a ton of this, I've been pulling it for my girls. Lol. Although they shunned it in favor of watermelon today. Can those girls put away some watermelon...... Looks great!!! We got some mist, does that count? ;) Awwww, they look great! Nothing exciting on my end. We passed off Pan to a nice guy in Ennis on Wednesday. I can't say I miss the crowing, but I never minded it either. Just work, kids, and car shopping! Oh! and I got to chase around my BR Freya because she refused to go in. I think I spent 15 minutes following her around the yard. My Buff Silkie's comb is developing pretty well, while my white Silkie has ZIP...lol. Just a little bald spot where the comb should go. Still WAY to early to sex them :/ Oh well! :love
My Lily is an EE

Sexing
I received a helpful tip on mine when I first got them

When feathers come in, check the hind if sleek and feathery Roo
Fluffy butt Hen

it was right with all.

I was told with RIR that the Roos tail feathers when they start coming in will be shorter than the hens. That's seems to be the case with mine. So it seems a lot can be told my the feathers on your butt!! Lol

This is not something I would normally do but please send prayers up, positive thoughts, whatever you believe in for the families being effected by the mudslide in Washington state. We just learned that a beautiful family that my husband was stationed with in Fort Polk are still missing. The mom wasn't home at the time, they've rescued their 4 year old but her husband and 3 other children are still missing and its been almost 24 hours. Our sons played football with their oldest and we use to keep each company during practices and games.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/house-people-inside-washington-mudslide-23019941

Wow! I see we've been busy here the last two days... Lost of posts to get caught up on. Loving the stories of Mrs. KornKorn!

We had an adventure here yesterday. My in-laws are visiting, know nothing about farm life, and accidentally let the horses out. Thankfully no matter how wired up they are, nor how fast they're running, a shake from a feed bucket will bring everyone right back through the front gate and into their assorted feed pens. FWEW.

Ya'll know how chicken math works... wen't to go purchase TWO hens and ONE rooster from an old friend ( just mutts, mind you... eggs only was their purpose ) and ended up bumping into someone I've done a LOT of trading with over the years. Lo-and-behold my poor DFiance came home to 22 fluffy, fuzzy, not quite six week old butts in the shed. :celebrate I've been obsessively checking on them, since they're outside and not inside, and my cats sure seem to think they're going to make a delectable dinner. Much better than the occasional cardinal, and ten times better than all those Anoles they've been eating. Bad kitty!

But, with those 22 fluffy butts.... came the fact I forgot to pick up the hens and the rooster!! Guess I've got to go back, with my DF, so I come home with only what I went to town for.
lau.gif

Pictures coming soon...

This is not something I would normally do but please send prayers up, positive thoughts, whatever you believe in for the families being effected by the mudslide in Washington state.  We just learned that a beautiful family that my husband was stationed with in Fort Polk are still missing.  The mom wasn't home at the time, they've rescued their 4 year old but her husband and 3 other children are still missing and its been almost 24 hours.  Our sons played football with their oldest and we use to keep each company during practices and games.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/house-people-inside-washington-mudslide-23019941

oh no! :(
Im so sorry, they're in my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom