Texas

Im excited! Looks like ill have more eggs soon!
I vent checked earlier and my buff orpington looks like shes about to lay! She may have even laid today!
Going to go scour the yard after the kids go to bed.
...what else would I do on a Friday night? Lol

Im excited! Looks like ill have more eggs soon!
I vent checked earlier and my buff orpington looks like shes about to lay! She may have even laid today!
Going to go scour the yard after the kids go to bed.
...what else would I do on a Friday night? Lol

This sounds awfully familiar, haha! I've gone through all sorts of trouble looking for eggs all over the yard. I remember once I was checking the nesting boxes and actually ended guiding a young pullet to a nesting box where she laid her first egg an hour later. I think she assumed I was the rooster and that I was showing her the way! :gig

Last edited:
Hi,

I am looking to move to the Hill Country. What areas are in San Marcos will let you have chickens? Maybe even a couple of ducks and a pot-bellied pig?

Thanks.

CLaudia

Thank you for replying. What areas are on the outskirts of Round Rock? I would be interested, because I really want a pot-bellied pig, too.

Thank you.

Claudia

It looks like I may be doing bumblefoot surgery on my 9week old pullet. We have had sort of a rough start in raising these babies. My husband thinks I'm crazy as he didn't want chickens in the first place. We have had two chicks die and had to give one aggressive one away. Top that with a round of antibiotics to save my daughters favorite. I am hoping when they get bigger things will settle down. We still have the obstacle of getting rid of 5 or 6 cockerels. I would like to process them but the husband has such a soft spot for animals. Ironically he hunts. It is just something about raising them in our living room.

Good luck!! I'll say that having animals is never easy or cheap. I'm off to the vet with one of my rabbits who got into it with another bunny...THROUGH THE WIRE! Now he's got a huge ugly bump thing on his nose.

Poor bunny!! I understand vet appts. We have one dog whi is 10 1/2 years old amd is on constant seizure meds. Another is 8 and has had mange since a pup. Her immune system is too weak to fully fight it off so she has been o constant meds as well. In the past year, so far we have lost my darling horse, my magnificent rooster, and our amazing cat. 2 due to cancer the other due to past surgery. It's expencive, but boy do they return the favore.

I'm quickly filling up egg cartons from our three laying ladies...time to get cooking/baking/giving 'em away. We are officially over our household limit for eggs.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom