Texas

Well, my bunny will survive! He will be getting antibiotics for about a week and things should clear up.
I have been out in the backyard moving rabbit runs from up right next to the house, to the back fence where they just finished filling the sloped area with dirt and putting in grass. I feel like I worked my butt off, but when I checked, it was still there...talk about an old wives tale-working your butt off! Ha! If only....

As far as my question about Seramas are concerned, there wasn't any particular questions I have. Just asking for a general opinion on the breed/characteristics etc

Finished revamping the nesting boxes! I didnt get a pic before the straw, but theres laminate on the bottom of each section :)
Got 2 dummy eggs from Michaels too! Put them in the yard so hopefully they get used to it!
Ill post pics later! My phone will never do it

@lbejaran Hey Laura! Been wondering what you have been up to! Can't wait to see the dresses you and your mom create!

@LightningTFarm I am so sorry about your loss
hugs.gif
I wanted to say thank you again for getting me hooked on ducks. For me keeping them with chickens is making all the difference. I just throw some scratch down where the ducks flatten everything and the chickens fluff it right back up for me.

@WildWorks You have some of the best Seramas I have ever seen. Love seeing all your pics. The colors are amazing!

@brown444439 I live in South West Austin, half way between Oak Hill and Dripping Springs. It is WONDERFUL out this way, but getting expensive. I bought our land back when the housing market took a small nose dive about 9 years ago. Bastrop is a beautiful place and still fairly inexpensive. Even in Austin itself you can have chickens, even roosters, just the noise ordinance thing, but rooster make less nose than a barking dog so a hard argument. However, if you live in a HOA, they can tell you no.

Hi everyone! Hope things are going well.

Anyone interested in a Saxony Drake? Will to trade for something....make an offer. He keeps picking a fight with my other one and gets his butt kicked every time but will not stop. All of his neck feathers are pulled out on one side and his eye got crusty. I have him penned by himself during the day and put a girl with him at night, but I know he hates it. I kept thinking he would learn his lesson but I guess not. As said above I am in South West Austin but willing to meet within a 25 mile radius. He is looking much better and the eye is almost all cleared up.

Last edited:
Well after much debate about my buff orp rooster had a gold star moment yesterday that saved him from the freezer.. I was standing at the sink peeling potatoes for supper and I heard him sounding a warning call went on the back porch and there were two dogs eyeballing my chickens... Went out and ran them off way to go Buffy!!!!!

I had a very bad day yesterday. When I went out in the morning I found one of my original Welsh Harlequin ducks with a prolapsed vent. She was my only golden phase Welshie. I know she was fine the night before. I brought her in and put her in a warm bath to clean her off, and she was bleeding from her vent. I called every vet in three counties trying to find one who might treat her, and finally found one in Lufkin. My daughter took her but the news was not good. The vet said it might be possible to save her, but the cost would be astronomical and she was not even a show quality duck. I thought I was going to have to put her down, but she died on the way home. So, RIP Joy.

man that sucks any idea what could have happened?

Finished revamping the nesting boxes! I didnt get a pic before the straw, but theres laminate on the bottom of each section
smile.png

Got 2 dummy eggs from Michaels too! Put them in the yard so hopefully they get used to it!
Ill post pics later! My phone will never do it

awesome i need to get it in gear and make my nest boxes for my chickens and ducks.
hmm.png
watson is 18 weeks old so hopefully in a nother few weeks she will start laying.
celebrate.gif

i have the luck. we have new renters next door and they too have a big 80lb dog they can't control or seem to be able to keep in the yard. so tomorrow I'm going to buy some pigeon spikes, hardware cloth, and more decking plywood and make sure that **** thing can't get into my coops. If i put the hardware cloth about a foot in the ground and bury the spikes about 6 inches down and put the plywood on the bottom 2 feet of the coop it will not be able to get in......right
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom