Texas

I'm sure glad we got Kate to keep us straight!!!
1f60e.png
. I sure as hell don't want to be on the bad side of a redhead!!!

Love ya Kate!!!
1f60d.png

Hope John is feeling MUCH better!!!

David,

John is feeling loads better. We got into a redhead only kind of argument earlier. Its good to have him back. You need to stop being so busy and drive out some time, its not that far!

He's back to work but still taking it easy. He goes back next week to check the status of the infection in case he needs more antibiotics.

C'mon man....he or she????

Wait a minute.....hmmmmmm.....if I'm already married to a woman....(as a man).... and now marry a man......is that bigamy?????

Uh huh....didn't think about that....did ya Supreme Court?

Listen Guys....I'm a little extreme....I don't pull punches...I speak my mind...I might rub some the wrong way...but it's not out of malicious behavior....just they way I am....I don't hold ill will against anyone....and if the misconception and sad truth about how most people feel towards snakes wasn't so almost universal....and ....illogical to me...I wouldn't be saying anything....

I'm not saying anyone hasn't got the right to believe what they do....do what they do....or sit in judgment over them....just trying to get people to take a hard look at the issue logically.....

Trust me....I was deathly afraid of snakes most of my life....(as a matter of fact....I can still catch a coil of rope out of the corner of my eye.....and almost have a coronary....)

But....knowledge is power....and...really....killing out of ignorance has never been a good thing....

Ignorance by itself is an evil thing.....

Not trying to come off as a know-it-all.....just saying...the average person is VERY ignorant about snakes....yet...very opinionated.....

Stick around and we all can use some edjumication!!! And like I said I believe as you do about snakes and we all have passions!!!

David

Gotcha, so now you are legally able to sell? Or it is just one of those things that helps you sell? I just have my backyard flock but when we move I may try breeding some ducks.

Because I'm registered, I can not sell unless I'm up to date. I have to track every hatch, every egg, every bird, all across the nation. It's a big hassle, but, we have game birds and I'd rather deal with that than lose my license to have exotics and lose everything we've built up to. John and I have worked hard to get here. LOL

Lots of work to do yet, species yet to attain and add to our flock. We finally have Gambles' quail! I'm really excited about that. In October the Impeyan, Red, and Lady Amherst pheasants come from the breeder. I can't wait.

It's not a requirement to own birds. It's just nice to be able to say you're clean, like NPIP. I'm also registered with my exotics. They know how many birds of what breeds we have. It's not many, yet, but we have over 500 birds in our care. I'd rather be safe.
1f603.png
Makes the state happy.

C'mon man....he or she????

Wait a minute.....hmmmmmm.....if I'm already married to a woman....(as a man).... and now marry a man......is that bigamy?????

Uh huh....didn't think about that....did ya Supreme Court?

Listen Guys....I'm a little extreme....I don't pull punches...I speak my mind...I might rub some the wrong way...but it's not out of malicious behavior....just they way I am....I don't hold ill will against anyone....and if the misconception and sad truth about how most people feel towards snakes wasn't so almost universal....and ....illogical to me...I wouldn't be saying anything....

I'm not saying anyone hasn't got the right to believe what they do....do what they do....or sit in judgment over them....just trying to get people to take a hard look at the issue logically.....

Trust me....I was deathly afraid of snakes most of my life....(as a matter of fact....I can still catch a coil of rope out of the corner of my eye.....and almost have a coronary....)

But....knowledge is power....and...really....killing out of ignorance has never been a good thing....

Ignorance by itself is an evil thing.....

Not trying to come off as a know-it-all.....just saying...the average person is VERY ignorant about snakes....yet...very opinionated.....

Listen, I don't kill snakes, or anything else for that matter, out of ignorance. Anything I kill in the wild, I eat. Ratsnake is pretty good, if you can get past the gamey taste.(marinate in Italian Dressing for a few hours) I am also one to speak my mind, as are others on this thread, but we try to keep it civil. We try not to force our opinions on each other, but we do make them known, with a little tact. Mostly we are on here to talk "CHICKEN". If you read my last post, I have apologized for my arrogance, and welcome you to BYC.

David,

John is feeling loads better. We got into a redhead only kind of argument earlier. Its good to have him back. You need to stop being so busy and drive out some time, its not that far!

He's back to work but still taking it easy. He goes back next week to check the status of the infection in case he needs more antibiotics.

You tell me when is good for y'all and I will take a road trip Kate. Can't be more than about 45 miles as I have been down that way before.

David

Back
Top Bottom