Texas

I'm just South of Blanco and a chicken newbie. No waterfowl. Do you have chickens yet? I'm looking for local fertile eggs because all my hens are molting right now and I got an incubator for Christmas! ~ Amy

look at the sale and auction threads... you can find what you want there most times!!! and most ppl that dont supplement light in their coops and that dont have winter layers are having the same issues as you are... think of it as a blessing in disguise! read up on your bator and see what if any issues you may encounter... knowledge is power! if you know what youre getting into and how to fix issues should they arrise you will have a much better chance at good hatch rates! i read up on hatching and raising chickens for months before i got my first eggs to incubate! my girls were not going broody as i wanted them to so i had to do something to get more babies!!!
enter your incubator in the search engine above and then look for threads that talk about care and maintenance and tips on hatching!

Is anyone in the fulshear, katy, richmond/rosenberg area that will be selling fresh eggs this coming season??? i am looking to buy eggs to introduce my new family to fresh eggs and their taste!!! pm me and we will talk more!!!

I am in Sugarland, and occasionally the feed store on Hwy 36 (city farmer) has eggs. I just came from the feed store in bay city Texas and they always have a supply. Wish I would have read earlier, I would have grabbed xtra. Funny thing is, I decided about 2 months ago to have a little fun with those eggs and threw them in the incubator!!
21 days later I had a brooder full of chicks!! Then I was overwhelmed and gave them to the person who sold me the eggs to begin with!!

We will watch the neighbors and hope they don't set the neighborhood on fire! They kind of go overboard. Horse in shut in stall and dogs and chickens are in - the celebration sounds like it is starting with London time...

i was the only one awake in the house at the stoke of midnight!!! gad a couple friends over and they were out by 1030!!! smh i blew off my rockets all alone!!! at least the constable wasnt called!!!

I'm a chicken raising newbie in Blanco. I got a fancy incubator for Christmas that I'm a bit overwhelmed with! Also, it appears 9 of my 10 hens are molting so I don't currently have eggs to incubate! Is anyone nearby to mentor me?!!
welcome-byc.gif
What kind of bator? I have a Little Giant currently and a Genesis Hovabator on order. I'm SE of Austin and our girls production dropped WAY down; they are just now starting to lay again. Good luck yours.

Doing good here, hovabator is the one I have. I have it in a closet, my closet chickens... Lol. Sorry a bit loopy tonight took some pain meds and I forgot how silly they make me.

So far all the chicks that hatched are doing great. Growing beautifully in the brooder. Next round will be ready around the 9-12th. I'll have some peeps for sale soon but not show quality. I'll get that way eventually. Right now just getting the hang of hatching and growing. Extras can be eaten without a problem.

I hope everyone out there is enjoying their holiday season and that their new year started off great!

Last edited:
Doing good here, hovabator is the one I have. I have it in a closet, my closet chickens... Lol. Sorry a bit loopy tonight took some pain meds and I forgot how silly they make me.

So far all the chicks that hatched are doing great. Growing beautifully in the brooder. Next round will be ready around the 9-12th. I'll have some peeps for sale soon but not show quality. I'll get that way eventually. Right now just getting the hang of hatching and growing. Extras can be eaten without a problem.

I hope everyone out there is enjoying their holiday season and that their new year started off great!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom