Texas

There are also a couple of websites on how to get a clear sight picture when you shoot the snakes.
1f60e.png

This is my hen with the broken leg. I call her "Mom" when I talk to her. She gets around pretty good. She eats and drinks all the time. I checked on her a few minutes ago, and she seems fine, except for that leg and one wing. She managed to rip the tip off during her freak out when she got stuck and broke her leg. No one noticed her wing... :( It is healing fine though. Anyways, we decided to see if her leg would heal. If her foot is positioned under her like it is suppose to be, she can stand up for a few seconds, but because she has no movement in her toes, they curl up and she drags them until her leg is out behind her. Would a sling be better for her?? And if so, how do i make one that she cant get out of??

All wounds will heal, even broken bones. I am more concern with attaching the sling. If too tight, it may cut off the circulation, resulting in the bottom of the leg dying off and falling off later on.

Good luck

You are entitled to do what you want. However, I would not allow an animal to suffer that much. I would put her down and make the lost life mean something by providing a food source,

Wow! Things have been busy here! Sorry I have not chimed in, in a while. So, Welcome to all the new peeps and people joining byc!

Just wondering how everyone is doing with this crummy weather and what is the best way to dry out your open runs? We just had found out my neighbors septic was leaking into my coops and made him fix it (I didn't figure it out until after I had lost 30 some odd birds and one of them, my only cream legbar hen). I kept seeing wet but thought that maybe my new pvc autowaterer was leaking that much into the pens. Turns out it wasn't my waterer (hours of trying to track down leaks wasted). I didn't figure it out until I saw the sprayers come on and one of them was not spraying but a fountain that poured right into my coops at 10 at night. Moved all the remaining birds to my front yard and then the rains started! Just yuck!

Back
Top Bottom