Texas

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Not the best pictures but here are our first 3 eggs, I think they are from the same pullet.

I can only have 4 where I'm at and no roosters. Those two would always jump for me to pick them up when they were in the brooder. Can't tell a lot of difference in their behavior but the silver is almost bold. My BO was afraid till I picked her up one day and held her and petted her for about 5 minutes. Now she won't jump on my arm but doesn't mind being picked up. The three will sit in my lap and go to sleep if I'm sitting in the run. Poor little Americana is still afraid but let me stroke her back last night and has started eating out of my hand so there may be hope yet for her after three and a half months.
LOL, I know the jumpin in your arms feeling. I tell ya we make them pets.
smile.png

I'm not sure what I did wrong uploading pictures from my phone, here's one that almost shows the group. There are 2 guineas (the 3rd got out on the first night and we haven't been able to find it) 2 Americaunas (or EE), a red sexlink, an Ideal 236 (I think that's the #) and I believe a New Hampshire Red and a Barred Rock. From my horrible pictures, does that look about right? Also please ignore the wings, after the Guinea flew out my husband went a little crazy with the wing clipping, we had moved the shade cloth to a different run and the top isn't covered yet (and we are hoping to let them free range for a few hours a day after they are use to us).

Howdy Y'all. I am in the big town of Little Elm, and my chickens are up the road at our new property in Aubrey. If you are wondering we are north of DFW. I am new to chicken keeping and am loving every minute of it... Have a great day!

Howdy Y'all. I am in the big town of Little Elm, and my chickens are up the road at our new property in Aubrey. If you are wondering we are north of DFW. I am new to chicken keeping and am loving every minute of it... Have a great day!

Welcome, I grew up a little south of there in Farmers Branch/Carrollton. Wasn't much in Little Elm when I lived on the northwest side of Big D.

Here's the latest family pic of my girls.

Last edited:

Welcome to BYC and the Texas thread.
What kind of chickens do you have?

Welcome, I grew up a little south of there in Farmers Branch/Carrollton. Wasn't much in Little Elm when I lived on the northeast side of Big D.

Here's the latest family pic of my girls.
How old is your Gold Laced here?

Back
Top Bottom