Texas

Looks like it could have been a fox. My dad said he saw one over by those bushes a few evenings ago when he was checking out my garden
Sounds like a fox to me - I've had day time issues with foxes. Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

My goat Ebony graced me with boy/girl kids

Edited to add, they were up and nursing, but were panting so I took them inside to cool off for a bit. being born is hard work.
Congratulations!!!!

Hang on there Texans... the NOAA weather radar/satellite picture is pretty awesome for central TX right now. Huge line headed toward San Antonio and stretching all the way through the metroplex then west all the way to New Mexico. Probably gonna be more tornadoes out of this mess. Hang on!
All passed now, no harm with my animals. I'm not sure is SA got tornadoes, but it wasn't so bad here on the north side of town. I moved some chicks outside last night - their first storm! (They're fine). I spent the whole time it was storming cleaning brooders inside, so I was well distracted.

- Ant Farm

Good. They should be hatched by Tuesday, the rocker is turned off, and the dividers taken out. I may have to restart listing my Blue Americanas, they have been giving me two eggs a day. I am thinking about throwing them in the next hatch to see if I can get some more hens. I hate ending up with male Roosters in the Americanas, because their rib cages are narrow to get the insides out on a butcher. I prefer extra French Black Copper Maran Roos. Their ribcages provide me more room to remove the their internals.

Hello! Is this a thread just for Texas? Ive been on this site for a while now and just found it. LOL. I'm from Nevada, TX. I have 5 hens and 3 baby chicks. I have had chickens for a year now so im still fairly new to chickens but am learning quite a bit. I would like to find a mentor close by me. Nevada is between Farmersville and Royse City. I would appreciate it please

Hello! Is this a thread just for Texas? Ive been on this site for a while now and just found it. LOL. I'm from Nevada, TX. I have 5 hens and 3 baby chicks. I have had chickens for a year now so im still fairly new to chickens but am learning quite a bit. I would like to find a mentor close by me. Nevada is between Farmersville and Royse City. I would appreciate it please

I actually spent nearly a year pouring over all of the Backyard Chicken forums before jumping in. BYC has a ton of great information. I started with hatching eggs and then went with some from Ideal and just got another group of 6 from the feed store by way of Ideal. Still learning. The chickens are good teachers too.

Yep, it is sunny outside now here! who would have guessed. There was a photovoltaic 'security light' that stayed on most of the day today...usually it only comes on at darkness.
How is your incubation going?

We had a tiny bit of hail. The phone blew up at 7 am for the tornado alert in Montgomery area. It rained hard a couple of times but only appears we got 1/2 inch or so. Back to Spring going on Summer steamy.

way up by Dallas! (The farther from a place you are, the more you identify as 'near' a big city or an airport that is familiar. LOL
welcome-byc.gif

Has anyone set up mentoring?
Don't know of any - but you should encourage it -- start a program (contact BYC and maybe they will help out). Why not?.

Back
Top Bottom