Texas

No reason to run it we have the windows open at night to trap in the 70 degree cool and the house doesn't heat up until 90 and full sun during the day. Plus the humidity drops from 90% to 50-60% during the day here for us(cause we don't live in a swamp). We usually don't need to run the AC until late April around here when the night temps refuse to go under 75 degrees. Also we get good cross breezes heck there are wind farms within sight 2ish miles north of us. We get those on shore breezes.

I'm jealous. It'll be high 80's here all night long in the Summer and nothing gets a break from that relentless heat.

@Nardo Come hurricane season its the same for us from June-Nov that hot Gulf doesn't allow for anything under 80 degrees, then the only thing we have going for us is low day time humidity and high winds. It makes for good lawn mowing weather in the evenings unless it has rained recently then the mosquitoes are out in full force!

@Nardo ...then the mosquitoes are out in full force!
Oh yeah, saw a mosquito yesterday trying to hover around the back door. With lots of water like this there is a 'mosquito hatchery' in the low-lying area. One thing that works really well for me is those 'mosquito dunks'. If you can keep ahead of them... easier said than done, it's well worth the effort.

Not a chicken thing just a PSA early voting is going on now and you can vote from anywhere in your County during early voting no need to go to your PCT, but you will get a PCT specific ballot.
vote.jpg

Ok fellow Texans I'm posting about me personally. I saw the weather report for the coming week and it is so booring.... here is a screenshot:
View attachment 1270410
Thankfully no heat or AC will be needed for these temps and I can keep the doors and windows open for the next week so my hens can come in and yell at me for not having replaced the night time bugs on an appropriate schedule.
Well this joker got it wrong we are sitting at 52F this morning, and we are surely not getting to 87 today! Also it is apparent we won't be seeing any sun either. Glad this forecaster can pay his bills. FAKE NEWS! :lau

Looking for some cheap eggs to hatch in class. Anybody got anything close to Cleburne?...Bosque County?
Have you looked on craigslist @AgTeach97 ? I can't imagine local hatching eggs being hard to find in the metroplex there also there is a buy/sell/trade at the bottom of our Forum lists folks sell them there and for generic breeds they are reasonable but usually 15 or so dollars just to ship. https://dallas.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=hatching eggs&sort=rel

edit-- Here is someone in Cleburn who can probably get you fertile eggs on request:
https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/grd/d/farm-fresh-eggs/6491118908.html $5/doz for hatching eggs. They also PT test so that means they are probably doing everything they can to maintain the legal licenses required to sell eggs to consumers for consumption in accordance with State Laws.

LOL Cleburn has a silent E at the end? I never realized, funny its like Bowie(bouee) or Alvord(Alvoid) and of course my favorite Mexia(Meh-Hay-AAAAAh)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom