Texas

Hello Texans!
I just began my backyard chicken adventure.
I am in the BCS (Bryan/College Station), or north of Houston if that's easier.
I have 8 baby chicks, 3 Orpingtons, 3 Cochins, and 2 Black Star Sex Links.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!

Hello Texans!
I just began my backyard chicken adventure.
I am in the BCS (Bryan/College Station), or north of Houston if that's easier.
I have 8 baby chicks, 3 Orpingtons, 3 Cochins, and 2 Black Star Sex Links.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!
Welcome aboard and congrats on this new chicken keeping journey.

If your looking for quail hatching eggs, I might have a contact. They are here in Rosenberg, so if that's too far let me know.
I just have to find his number. I bought some for eating.
Yes please!!

Has anyone been to TSC lately to get chicks? We went in for our 3rd time this season and had the worst service ever! First the guy told us in a very rude tone, that we "can't pick and choose each chick because it just takes too long." We have always been able to do that; even the store manager has allowed this. I told him that we've done it in the past and then he got snarky and snapped at my daughter "waiting on you to pick them." He then proceeded to snatch the chicks up and toss them in the box with force. Then when he went to write the numbers on the box, he turned it vertical sending the babies sliding to one end. We got the box and as we were walking away, he turned to a girl of about 13, and barked "want something?" Worst service ever! And now we havve a chick who is no longer lively :(
Sorry for the storybook long post, I'm just in utter disbelief!

Has anyone been to TSC lately to get chicks? We went in for our 3rd time this season and had the worst service ever! First the guy told us in a very rude tone, that we "can't pick and choose each chick because it just takes too long." We have always been able to do that; even the store manager has allowed this. I told him that we've done it in the past and then he got snarky and snapped at my daughter "waiting on you to pick them." He then proceeded to snatch the chicks up and toss them in the box with force. Then when he went to write the numbers on the box, he turned it vertical sending the babies sliding to one end. We got the box and as we were walking away, he turned to a girl of about 13, and barked "want something?" Worst service ever! And now we havve a chick who is no longer lively :(
Sorry for the storybook long post, I'm just in utter disbelief!
its unfortunate, I saw one trying to sex them for a young girl too! I wanted to ask him if his technique was guaranteed lol poor young girl wanted 5 hens & a rooster, hope she gets what she wished for... They don't have what I want as far as breeds so I've given up on them..

its unfortunate, I saw one trying to sex them for a young girl too! I wanted to ask him if his technique was guaranteed lol poor young girl wanted 5 hens & a rooster, hope she gets what she wished for... They don't have what I want as far as breeds so I've given up on them..
Sexing them?!? That can be dangerous. Hopefully she did get what she wanted and they were in good health. This is the first year my local store had incorrectly labeled breeds. Luckily, we're having fun guessing the mystery chicks! Corporate will still be getting a call in the morning...

When i first found speedy, tsc was my new favorite store as everyone was really helpful and helped me to get started. But over the last few months, they've changed people and the new ones seem to not care as much...

Back
Top Bottom