Texas

Hi All! New to raising chickens, but im hooked already. We live in the Aledo/Fort Worth area. 5 silkies ( 6 months) we had 6 and our favorite ( my profile picture) passed away in a mysterious fashion in the coop overnight. So in natural order, we went and got 5 more of assorted breeds to replace the one. We are also harboring 3 Dogs, 1 Cat, 3 Horses, 4 Lizards and loving all of it. Glad to have all these great people to share the experience with!

Attachments

• 25FA1977-E437-4B63-9676-B4B4A9C6FAEE.jpeg
    25FA1977-E437-4B63-9676-B4B4A9C6FAEE.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 2
Any in the area of DFW looking for a sharp looking Cockerel/Roo, need to rehome a Easter Egger/Blk Cooper Maran Mix, he's a stunner already and not even 1 yr old!
Rehome fee.. Serious Inquires!
Would like to give him flock of great hens!
View attachment 1382152

He is a beauty! Good Luck. Hope you find a good home for him. We rescued a rooster a while back that is a wonderful Flock Protector.

Hi everyone. I know I've been MIA for a while. I've had my hands full with a bottle fed calf, vegetable garden & our small ranch. Today I received my 2 day old chicks from Green Fire Farms. I found 5 pasty butts, after an hour or so in the brooder with Mama's heating pad, food & water. Took care of them but now I'm wondering if I should have marked them. I'll check everyone, but maybe those 5 need to be watched closer. It's been a while since I've had little bittys. How long do I need to check for pasty butt? If I mark any, where on the body is best? Just a dot of blue-kote, right?

Hi everyone. I know I've been MIA for a while. I've had my hands full with a bottle fed calf, vegetable garden & our small ranch. Today I received my 2 day old chicks from Green Fire Farms. I found 5 pasty butts, after an hour or so in the brooder with Mama's heating pad, food & water. Took care of them but now I'm wondering if I should have marked them. I'll check everyone, but maybe those 5 need to be watched closer. It's been a while since I've had little bittys. How long do I need to check for pasty butt? If I mark any, where on the body is best? Just a dot of blue-kote, right?
I've never marked a chick :confused:

Are they eating and drinking well?

Back
Top Bottom