Texas

Since it is warmer I decided to return to restoring some cast iron. Was working on a piece for cornbread sticks and then returned it to the electrolysis vat. Hen started singing so since I had to go by the coop I decided to retrieve the egg. I had a gate latch on the coop door. So I go in and get the egg. Suddenly a large gust of wind slammed the door shut. Wasn’t worried as I had a safety string to unlatch it from inside. Well the string had some slack in it and it caught it and pulled it inside the latch. Couldn’t raise the latch. Left my cellphone in the shop. No neighbors close enough to hear me. Had just talked to the wife and she thinks I have it on me. No way this 245 was crawling through a pop door or small vent windows. Tried everything I could think of for over an hour. Resigned myself to be locked in for several more hours. The waterer inside the coop has a handle on it. Fortunately it was soft enough to bend. After shaping and reshaping for over a half hour using an eye screw in the wall I was able to catch the top of the latch and pop the door open. Needless to say the gate latch is now replaced with a swivel hasp.

Since it is warmer I decided to return to restoring some cast iron. Was working on a piece for cornbread sticks and then returned it to the electrolysis vat. Hen started singing so since I had to go by the coop I decided to retrieve the egg. I had a gate latch on the coop door. So I go in and get the egg. Suddenly a large gust of wind slammed the door shut. Wasn’t worried as I had a safety string to unlatch it from inside. Well the string had some slack in it and it caught it and pulled it inside the latch. Couldn’t raise the latch. Left my cellphone in the shop. No neighbors close enough to hear me. Had just talked to the wife and she thinks I have it on me. No way this 245 was crawling through a pop door or small vent windows. Tried everything I could think of for over an hour. Resigned myself to be locked in for several more hours. The waterer inside the coop has a handle on it. Fortunately it was soft enough to bend. After shaping and reshaping for over a half hour using an eye screw in the wall I was able to catch the top of the latch and pop the door open. Needless to say the gate latch is now replaced with a swivel hasp.
OH MY!
You better be glad this happened now and not in July!

Hello From Campbell, Tx
I'm Deborah and I'm new to this site, please be patience with me. I haven't figured it out yet this site is a bit confusing.
I have a 6 month silkie rooster that needs to be rehome//sale for $15.00.
IMG_0277.JPG
I'm also looking for a barbu de Uccle Rooster around 1 year old. That's in our local area.
Please contact me if your interested in buying my rooster or selling a rooster
Call me or text me @469-745-9955.

Been on BYC awhile and decided to finally stop in and say hi..

Hi!
New chicken owner, 5 yr old son is chicken crazy and roped me in. Didn't take long for the fuzzies to catch me off guard.
We're in Farmersville, Tx. And my son and I are proud owners of 18 chicks, 4 pullets, and 2 laying hen.
:frow Welcome to the Texas forum. We have a wonderful group of people on this forum who love to tease and answer your questions.

We LOVE pictures. Come on back and chat with us.

Been on BYC awhile and decided to finally stop in and say hi..

Hi!
New chicken owner, 5 yr old son is chicken crazy and roped me in. Didn't take long for the fuzzies to catch me off guard.
We're in Farmersville, Tx. And my son and I are proud owners of 18 chicks, 4 pullets, and 2 laying hen.
Welcome from just up the road!

Back
Top Bottom