Texas

Hello everyone! After a few years away, I decided to come back to BYC! :frow
Now let's see if I post this correctly...
Welcome back from me as well, just a little late. I’m a newbie around here and have enjoyed these folks immensely. It’s beautiful around Marshall. I lived in Dallas for 40 odd years and have recently moved to where I grew up and family is still up here on New Mexico border in Bailey county. Big change again indeed!

The Trumpet vine (invasive) that many people have in Dallas and it even grows way up here is Campsis something. Hummingbird vine we never had it to sale at the nursery. We had the campsis trumpet vine, it’s not the same as that pic, and cross vine ( Bignonia) it’s cousin, and coral honeysuckle ( Lonicera sempervirens) none are that. Is that plant not freeze hardy. It has a very tropical look to me. I fine now. A couple weeks ago there was a “controlled” grass burn to my northeast by a game preserve but guess they didn’t check out the hourly forecast because as predicted winds picked up pretty strong out of the east blowing west and they had all the little fire fighter groups around here could handle. But that cloud of smoke cane over my place while I was outside working with the hens and choked me up pretty bad before I could get to the house. It was like a thick dark grey fog that STANK!😫. Worse part the smoke inhalation triggered my asthma and I’ve spent more than a week clearing that out of my lungs. So other than sucking on a nebulizer , not too bad. Have chicks starting to hatch tonight in my incubator and two have pipped and are peeping get me outta here.
Sorry to hear about the smoke incident. :sick
Hope your feeling/doing better. :hugs
No, it isn't freeze hardy, the last couple of freezes we had killed it back but it will return with a vengeance once the temps come up.

No, it isn't freeze hardy, the last couple of freezes we had killed it back but it will return with a vengeance once the temps come up.
Never had experienced a smoke cloud like that. One that is absolutely choking thick. Firefighters are some kinda hardy beasts! With better gear. My appreciation of what they endure went up many notches and they already topped the scales!

I really like the little figures that you and others use. Where do they come from and do I have to get a much newer I-phone?
If you look on the top right corner when you start your post, you will see a "smiley face" click on it and it will bring up a whole lot of emojis. Click on whatever one you want and it will be inserted into your text.

Oh yeah doing much better. It just makes me mad when that gets triggered and everything has to slow done for a bit just to breathe. I can’t believe y’all went down to 23 that night. We were topped at 18 that night, not too far off the mark that yall hit. That’s something considering the distance the front had to travel. I have televisions but decided to do without it for awhile so really not too sure what happens outside my bubble.

Oh yeah doing much better. It just makes me mad when that gets triggered and everything has to slow done for a bit just to breathe. I can’t believe y’all went down to 23 that night. We were topped at 18 that night, not too far off the mark that yall hit. That’s something considering the distance the front had to travel. I have televisions but decided to do without it for awhile so really not too sure what happens outside my bubble.
No TV isn't necessarily a bad thing...I don't watch much tv either.

Back
Top Bottom