Texas

And the NOAA update at 2AM upgraded to a 70% chance.....

As of Noon, it's now a 90% for both 2 & 5 day outlooks.

Just now (radar screenshot) the wind velocity and tracks are the white ghost-like lines, that is already a well defined "Low" rotation..... I'd almost venture a guess of Trop. Depression title by nightfall today CDT.
Screenshot_20200601-125140.png

What say you @AllenK RGV ? Anyone else?

And the NOAA update at 2AM upgraded to a 70% chance.....

As of Noon, it's now a 90% for both 2 & 5 day outlooks.

Just now (radar screenshot) the wind velocity and tracks are the white ghost-like lines, that is already a well defined "Low" rotation..... I'd almost venture a guess of Trop. Depression title by nightfall today CDT.
View attachment 2171733

What say you @AllenK RGV ? Anyone else?
Upgraded again it is now named 3. So a Tropical Depression, and, yep, was expecting that as well.

Is that going to hit us?
Hey There neighbor. I'm on the north side of Denton.

"We" are In a no worry status for at least the next 24 hrs. Once we see the development and them the storm models projections.... Time will tell if it's ahhh, ..... anything to be concerned over for us 'this far inland'.

I have stuff and friends in Galveston, so I'm little more alert and a meteorologist-like g33k so.... Yeah I'm fascinated by this aspect of nature.

I did some research in the physics dept...... Drawing comparison to galactic rotation's with gravity to that of hurricane's, tornadoes & mezocyclones.

Never got to finish it......

Hey @AllenK RGV this is my free go-to radar app screenshot #2.
Feel like "armchair quarterbacking" with me on this system?

Knowing that it came from the Pacific and survived to reach "3" then what say you on the TD, TS & H1 stages?
My gut right now thinks
TD = before midnight CDT
TS = maybe ~noonish tomorrow
H1 = wed. Night? Maybe ... as I'm thinking this maybe is actually a bit premature as I should wait a good 24hrs from "3" to TD"
Status

Hey There neighbor. I'm on the north side of Denton.

"We" are In a no worry status for at least the next 24 hrs. Once we see the development and them the storm models projections.... Time will tell if it's ahhh, ..... anything to be concerned over for us 'this far inland'.

I have stuff and friends in Galveston, so I'm little more alert and a meteorologist-like g33k so.... Yeah I'm fascinated by this aspect of nature.

I did some research in the physics dept...... Drawing comparison to galactic rotation's with gravity to that of hurricane's, tornadoes & mezocyclones.

Never got to finish it......
Your app looks great. I prefer putting my faith in the myriad of resources you can track on spagettimodels.com my two favorite individual links from there are http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-ti...l_colors&prod=natl&timespan=120hrs&anim=anigf and https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-71.66,28.89,1196 "windsofearth".

This system looks pretty big but barometric pressure, wind shear and other factors such as other high and low pressure systems will push it wherever it is going. If concerned about impacts locally though it is a next weekend thing if at all.

Final thoughts once this moves out of the Bay of Campeche the waters cool according to the data I saw there so shouldn't keep growing. Still even a stalled TD can cause incredible rainfall totals not to mention what Harvey did by stalling. I'm sure there will be some dramatic footage on the weather channel today from Yucatan, Belize and or Guatamala soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom