Texas

London stinks Idon't know howyou can makke a smellyier river.
Can't argue. Most swamps stink if you aren't used to the smell. For a sailor, that was the smell of land. I was amused by the flooding in the Army Corps Basin. Why would anyone build houses, much less neighborhoods, in a designated flood area. Just because it hasn't rained like that in a few decades, doesn't mean anything. So instead of confining the damage ALREADY done, they opened the gates and caused downstream flooding too. Political maybe?

We were surrounded by rice fields. They planted houses over the last decade and would you believe that they flooded? New neighborhood. Blamed the county maintenance of the bayou. I don't think they can read a topo.

Can't argue. Most swamps stink if you aren't used to the smell. For a sailor, that was the smell of land. I was amused by the flooding in the Army Corps Basin. Why would anyone build houses, much less neighborhoods, in a designated flood area. Just because it hasn't rained like that in a few decades, doesn't mean anything. So instead of confining the damage ALREADY done, they opened the gates and caused downstream flooding too. Political maybe?

We were surrounded by rice fields. They planted houses over the last decade and would you believe that they flooded? New neighborhood. Blamed the county maintenance of the bayou. I don't think they can read a topo.
Funny thing is I was part of a topographic unit. I think half the streets in Iraq are now named after us.

Amazing to live in Tx and be unaffected by this storm. That is a lot of lawn mowing for someone.
1600735337703.png

Last edited:
I'm not gett'en 'hammered' like Houston but my yard needed mowing before all this rain...forget the lawn mower...I'm breaking out the tractor and shredder. ;)
NON STOP all afternoon and still no...at my house.
I am sure the streets are flooded around me...there is no way they can't be flooded.

I am now watching the bayou water levels.
It's gotta stop soon huh?

I'm not gett'en 'hammered' like Houston but my yard needed mowing before all this rain...forget the lawn mower...I'm breaking out the tractor and shredder. ;)
*That IS my mower* now adays.
25hp cub cadet with a 74" ford 917 flail mower. Does a fantastic job of mulching the grass too.

Back
Top Bottom