Texas

What the hell happened???
Got up this morning, sun came up, me outside, beautiful cloudless sky, not a breath of wind. I decide to wash clothes.
First load hung on line, sky clouding up.
Second load hung on line, spotty clouds, wind picking up.
Third load, 58 with 20+ mph wind, they got hung.
Last load, flannel sheets are going in the dryer. Forget the clothes line.
Yeah if the heat is kicking on we just use the dryer anyway. It helps a bit I hope the dry weather holds for you. Looking like no rain is expected in TX today.

Possibly something for us to cluck on about in a week. And tie the record for most named storms in a season. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5 not anticipating any TX threat https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/climo/images/november.gif :
View attachment 2391649
I am NOT holding my breath! Mother nature this season is nothing I've felt like betting on OR against! And now that I have the 2021 Farmer's Almanac.... This is not going to change my "betting behavior one IoTA!"

/End of line.

Subject change... @AllenK RGV color me a glutton for punishment.....
I'm already past the idea & have moved into the "penciling in" planning stage.

1) Shift a few things around in run
2) minor Mods to coop
3) prep one of the large crates for silkie pancakes* (with a twist)
4) Roo's and hens have been appearing to get along alot better attitude-wise for ever longer periods.
5) setup in coop a crate for silkie pancake to hatch out some EE, sexlink & RIR eggs in late January/February?
6) to try to recover the flock losses over the last several months.

Chicken math 201? /Snickers
Yep I'm about to move all silkie roosters/cockerel back into the empty bachelor/growout pen. I have 6 Blue Sumatra cockerel, and one SuSi cockerel nearly to roosterhood that I can not confine as they fly over the 6 foot fencing and/or roost in trees. I have some work to do there too. Hoping my silkie surprises are all hens but I know that is a daft thought as those cockerel are going to be tough to introduce into a pecking order stabilized bachelor pad. Bleeding heart doesn't want me giving em all away to someone who will just eat em, but that is my secret plan. Plus the Blue Sumatra I don't like for deviation from SOP will get just that treatment as I didn't involve her in the decision to get them.

Got up this morning, sun came up, me outside, beautiful cloudless sky, not a breath of wind. I decide to wash clothes.
I've shared here before for others. We live on a hill, left behind by glaciers. During the 1stbyear we lived here the wind generator in our neighbors yard was usually still 1-3 days a month. BUT, only a rare 1 day a month for the entire day!

The unit died last summer. However, the ratio did not change much over those 10 years. 22-28 days a month it would spin. Of those no spinner days.... Still maybe 1 day a month the wind would be still for nearly the whole day..... Maybe. Currently this front of cold rain and wind has stayed solidly in the 8-20+ mph sustained winds for over 4 days solid. A few days had gusts into the 30's.... A warming in inbound this weekend with winds outta the south for sat/sun and those are forcast 10-15 mph all weekend. /Shrugs

/End of line.

Possibly something for us to cluck on about in a week. And tie the record for most named storms in a season. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5 not anticipating any TX threat https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/climo/images/november.gif :
View attachment 2391649
FYI trivia.... At the time Zeta was 1st named, we had 4 named storms in the northern hemisphere. The 2 over in the far Pacific islands were actually looking to have been closer together Laura and Mike(?) Got before it died under the shear wall...

My question is, how many articles of clothing survived???? Rofl :lau

Yep I'm about to move all silkie roosters/cockerel back into the empty bachelor/growout pen. I have 6 Blue Sumatra cockerel, and one SuSi cockerel nearly to roosterhood that I can not confine as they fly over the 6 foot fencing and/or roost in trees. I have some work to do there too. Hoping my silkie surprises are all hens but I know that is a daft thought as those cockerel are going to be tough to introduce into a pecking order stabilized bachelor pad. Bleeding heart doesn't want me giving em all away to someone who will just eat em, but that is my secret plan. Plus the Blue Sumatra I don't like for deviation from SOP will get just that treatment as I didn't involve her in the decision to get them.
I grew up on a farm full of misc animals, my hubby in the city. I've got way too many cockerels, and he somehow seems to think we can find good homes for the 6 extras and we are keeping 3?!?! Lord help grant me the patience....

Back
Top Bottom