Texas

Anyone else doing the easter hatch a long? My girl is being stubborn. I told her I wanted 5 or 6 eggs but I think I'll be lucky to get 3 or 4. 3 eggs for an easter hatch? Piddles
Eggs set last week. So my incubator is running and I'll miss the set date for the HAL.

Son-in-law has a snake and a spider. We've talked about dubia breeding. I'd have to set it up in the chicken run so the chickens can police the escapees. I just don't see doing this in the house or garage. I'd like to charge rent to the current roaches that evade eviction.

I heard a story about a guy who had 10 ants in his kitchen. He built them a house and fenced an area off so he could charge his TenAnts rent.

Last edited:
Eggs set last week. So my incubator is running and I'll miss the set date for the HAL.

Son-in-law has a snake and a spider. We've talked about dubia breeding. I'd have to set it up in the chicken run so the chickens can police the escapees. I just don't see doing this in the house or garage. I'd like to charge rent to the current roaches that evade eviction.

I heard a story about a guy who had 10 ants in his kitchen. He built them a house and fenced and area off so he could charge his TenAnts rent.
I've bred indoors for years dubia have the survival skills of... Well less than a human baby. They escape and I find them dead sometimes in the same week. When I find them alive it's usually within a day and not very lively

I've bred indoors for years dubia have the survival skills of... Well less than a human baby. They escape and I find them dead sometimes in the same week. When I find them alive it's usually within a day and not very lively
But... roaches.

I get it. Just don't want it. And DD#1 is threatening to run off to graduate school.

Are you gonna process the cornish x at age or are you gonna excersise them and do your best. My mom had some that she managed to keep alive for 3 years before it became necessary to process
They are 8 months old and laying occasionally. Leftovers from granddaughters fair project. They will just live their life out here. They did their job and soothed my heart after a dog demolished coop and killed entire flock in early September.

3 cornish x- 2 eggs today.
1 is a huge egg.
20210311_190242.jpg

They are 8 months old and laying occasionally. Leftovers from granddaughters fair project. They will just live their life out here. They did their job and soothed my heart after a dog demolished coop and killed entire flock in early September.
Hope they stay healthy for you for a long while. I'm sorry to hear that
3 cornish x- 2 eggs today.
1 is a huge egg.View attachment 2565688
Jesus that better be a double yoker. That is insane!

Back
Top Bottom