From here to there

Attachments

• 20210418_095659.jpg
    20210418_095659.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210418_095714.jpg
    20210418_095714.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Now to fill wagon with leaves for run and the fun begins! Still have 1 cornish x 9 months old, that I need to introduce to pullets. She free range today, chicks in run. Tonite I'll put chicks in coop, lady stays in run, I have a platform she roost on. Hopefully, she'll nose around run today and visit. A week of chicks in coop at nite, run day and we'll see.
I am more worried about chicks picking on her than her picking on them....
Thoughts opinions comments welcome
20210418_101934.jpg

Chilly and sunny today. Penny, the dog, seems better today. Still not wanting to eat, but is drinking water. May put some electrolytes in the water. Went to the ranch to see my brother- boy, cattle are fat and sassy, deer are beautiful, turkeys are loud- he has about 80 eggs in the incubater, bluebonnets blooming everywhere. Talk about living the life.

Texas is a whole different world (I think).
I was gonna say never seen a turkey, but 2 weeks ago, in town, beside dollar general, there were about 25 prowling.
Deep South Texas is also like a whole other Texas, but that is probably true of all of our border counties. Looking at my big bird roosts earlier they are getting full and there is nothing apparent to remove for some reason my feral decided to move in there after 1.5 years of roost in the tree time, but she does like one of the roosters in there.

Chilly and sunny today. Penny, the dog, seems better today. Still not wanting to eat, but is drinking water. May put some electrolytes in the water. Went to the ranch to see my brother- boy, cattle are fat and sassy, deer are beautiful, turkeys are loud- he has about 80 eggs in the incubater, bluebonnets blooming everywhere. Talk about living the life.
How's Penny?

How's Penny?
Thank you for asking.
I took her to the vet and he gave her some steriods ( rapid acting shot and pills) and told me to feed her soft foods for a few days. Her stomach was fine, she could walk fine, no limping or anything, but whenever he touched her side, her legs or jaw, she would yelp. She hasn't had any trauma. so he didn't know. He checked her spine for cord compression and didn't detect any. He felt like it was inflammation. She is improving, but still not ok yet. Lays in her bed, but does drink, eat and go outside to potty- which is much improved.

Back
Top Bottom