Texas

Hello! I’m in Dallas, Texas.

The hatchery messed up and didn’t process my cancellation. I have five chicks coming but I’m full up - even my brooder is full of older chicks. If you can provide a loving home and pick up in Dallas, they’re yours for free. Details in attachment :)
I messaged you as well. If you don't have someone else lined up, I'm local and 5 is exactly the number of chicks that will complete my flock (currently 10).

I think it's safe to say that this EE is officially a cockerel. We're talkin' 3 peas in the comb, it's bright red, the coloring...

His name is Chanticleer, he's a 5-week-old EE, and he needs a new home. Can anyone give this star of Rock-a-Doodle a good home?

Attachments

• Chanticleer.jpg
    Chanticleer.jpg
    932.9 KB · Views: 6
The ducks are loving all the new puddles and creek running through their fenced in area lol standing facing the wind and sideways rain 😅🤣 the chick's on the other hand were all huddled inside the dog house, i ran out like a crazy with lightening above my head to lock them inside the coop 😬😅 praying no straight line winds again, I don't wanna see the coop on its side again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220524-203121_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220524-203121_Gallery.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 7
Meet the latest addition to the Yellow Rose family! They're a little camera shy, but they're all adorably friendly and willing to be held. The Cochin (gray) is the sweetest of them all. In addition to the three we took from a fellow DFW resident, we added 2 Salmon Faverolles from Atwoods (Ideal Poultry) that we got the same day for a total of 15 birds in our flock.

Aaaand we're done. (No, seriously)*

I have one cockerel (I'm 90% sure), and there's always the possibility that any of these new little peeps could be one as well (I hope not, they were sold as pullets). So, my motley crew of a flock can only shrink because integrating new birds stresses me out.

Meet: Brunhilda the Cochin, Ruby Sue the Speckled Sussex, Gladys the Buff Laced Polish, and Camile and Beatrice the Salmon Faverolles.

*Unless we get more land, then all bets are off. My husband sure does love it when I use my lawyerly fine-printed caveats.

Attachments

• Little Peeps.jpg
    Little Peeps.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 5
Hey there. We're 20 min from Fort Worth.

We are looking for a good home for our two silkie roosters and are giving them away for free. You would be able to take both or just one, either option is fine. They were raised in a large coop and in a extra large extended run with lots of care and managed to fare well in the excessive heat recently. This is just a case of what we bought not being sexed correctly and we ended up getting the shortest of the straws. Both are, as of this post, approximately 17 weeks of age.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220526_180943667.jpg
    IMG_20220526_180943667.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220526_181046328_MP.jpg
    IMG_20220526_181046328_MP.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220526_181038682_MP.jpg
    IMG_20220526_181038682_MP.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 7
Hey there. We're 20 min from Fort Worth.

We are looking for a good home for our two silkie roosters and are giving them away for free. You would be able to take both or just one, either option is fine. They were raised in a large coop and in a extra large extended run with lots of care and managed to fare well in the excessive heat recently. This is just a case of what we bought not being sexed correctly and we ended up getting the shortest of the straws. Both are, as of this post, approximately 17 weeks of age.

Thanks
Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome I hope you find a good home for your Silkie cockerels! I'm trying to rehome two cockerels myself.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome I hope you find a good home for your Silkie cockerels! I'm trying to rehome two cockerels myself.
Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully both of us will get some luck in this regard.

Also, there is currently only one other pullet in there with them. We plan to get more this weekend. I don't know if I should as this point, even with more pullets, move the silkies off to their own enclosure. I just don't want them to kill one another (as they get older) or harass the other hens to an extreme.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't been around much. Been sick-congestion cough-you know summer allergy/cold crud.
Welcome to the Texans I haven't said hi too.
I'm 62 widow living between Austin and Bryan/College Station.
Rural 2 acres. My grandson (17) recently joined me here in my little piece of heaven. We are -adjusting-him to responsibly, truth, trust and to someone who truly cares about him.
Me to another body in my house. More noise 🤔🙄 , he snores; more mess-i think he's part horse the way he Clomps around and the way he eats. Stocked a few channel cat in the tank.
6 hens and a rooster, dog (he eats like a horse also) and almost as big, 2 cats
life is busy!
Stay safe

Sorry I haven't been around much. Been sick-congestion cough-you know summer allergy/cold crud.
Welcome to the Texans I haven't said hi too.
I'm 62 widow living between Austin and Bryan/College Station.
Rural 2 acres. My grandson (17) recently joined me here in my little piece of heaven. We are -adjusting-him to responsibly, truth, trust and to someone who truly cares about him.
Me to another body in my house. More noise 🤔🙄 , he snores; more mess-i think he's part horse the way he Clomps around and the way he eats. Stocked a few channel cat in the tank.
6 hens and a rooster, dog (he eats like a horse also) and almost as big, 2 cats
life is busy!
Stay safe
Hope you get to feeling better soon

Back
Top Bottom