Texas

I may have stepped into something. I'm still trying to figure a rain/wind block for coop. I thought about pallets. Ask a friend if he had access/knew of any.
Yelp haw many do I want, I told him 4-5 and he's bringing them this weekend.
Now, he sent me pics-and its not pallets-its crates,
I'm seeing all sorts of uses, but not sure how hard to break em down......suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_6885.jpg
    IMG_6885.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6883.jpg
    IMG_6883.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6884.jpg
    IMG_6884.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 3
I may have stepped into something. I'm still trying to figure a rain/wind block for coop. I thought about pallets. Ask a friend if he had access/knew of any.
I'm seeing all sorts of uses, but not sure how hard to break em down......suggestions?
Lucky you!

The look fairly easy to knock apart. They probably used spiral nails from a gun. Not the easiest to pull if you can get a grip on them without destroying the board. Easier to knock apart - sometimes.

Regardless, knock them into panels and there is your wind block. Will work well enough.

Carefully! Look at how they are constructed. If your lucky and they used a nail gun than, a good sized prybar, hammer, and at least a couple 5’ or longer 2x4’s to help disassemble and keep some of them panels “mostly assembled.

Back
Top Bottom