Texas

Omg. No. I would love to, but I'd bring home chickens.
I have a broody with chicks, one that just weened her's and is trying to sit again, and two on 13 eggs. And that's just the bantams.
Right now I'm building new grow out pens.
I do want some guineas though...
(& I'm down to only one 5 year old orpington)
I think that's the point? lol

There will definitely be guinea fowl there. There are usually pheasants, peafowl, ducks, geese, and chickens. I've seen ostrich and emu chicks in the past. I don't fiddle with the hoofstock, but there are usually goats, pigs, sheep, and rabbits. I've seen alpacas and llamas too.

I'm sorry hun, I can't wander to far from home right now with the tinies and having to Dr Freya every day. I don't have anyone to watch them besides the neighbor and I don't trust her with animals as far as I can throw her
I get that.

I'm getting my TAHC Certification and PT Testing done tomorrow. I was so pleased he offered to come out on the weekend.

Anyone else have bad luck in this area this year with roosters/birth defects? I noticed @Reinn had a similar problem. Mine are from Privett Hatchery.

So, no birth defects so far. I have had VERY bad luck with cockerels this year. I bought six straight-run Easter Eggers from Tractor Supply. Five of the six were cockerels and I ended up culling them since I don't have room for excess roosters.

I bought nine chicks from Ideal Poultry in Cameron (TX) and they were all sexed correctly as pullets. They are 14 weeks now. Another 4-6 weeks and some of them should be laying!

Back
Top Bottom