Texas

Any more ideas on how to keep the chickens cool? I have a fan on high in there for them. It isn't directly hitting them though, and in the afternoon, the hot air is what is blowing in the coop. I also have a bowl of cool water with ice for them to drink or dip their feet inside the run. I also put electrolytes and apple cider vinegar inside their water daily. I have a mister spraying towards the run also. They also have a hard time breathing. That is the major problem. Is there anything to help them be able to breathe better? Thanks!

Any more ideas on how to keep the chickens cool? I have a fan on high in there for them. It isn't directly hitting them though, and in the afternoon, the hot air is what is blowing in the coop. I also have a bowl of cool water with ice for them to drink or dip their feet inside the run. I also put electrolytes and apple cider vinegar inside their water daily. I have a mister spraying towards the run also. They also have a hard time breathing. That is the major problem. Is there anything to help them be able to breathe better? Thanks!
Leave off the apple cider vinegar. Keep a seperate waterer with fresh water available in addition to the electrolytes. If your climate is humid, the mister may make things worse. (Imagine wearing wet jeans on a hot day.) Chickens like to stand in cool water & mud, but wet feathers will be uncomfortable and the humidity makes it harder to breath.

Hello everyone! I have two ducks currently in URGENT need of rehoming. I also posted on the rehoming thread and thought I'd try on here as well. Two ducks I have are Pipsqueak and Pepper and they're both Cayuga ducks (native to New York). Pipsqueak is 2 months old and Pepper is 1 month old. Due to moving and not being able to rehome them to any Farm animal sanctuaries I need someone who is well versed in ducks and I know will take care of them well. I live in Cypress Texas!

Hello everyone! I have two ducks currently in URGENT need of rehoming. I also posted on the rehoming thread and thought I'd try on here as well. Two ducks I have are Pipsqueak and Pepper and they're both Cayuga ducks (native to New York). Pipsqueak is 2 months old and Pepper is 1 month old. Due to moving and not being able to rehome them to any Farm animal sanctuaries I need someone who is well versed in ducks and I know will take care of them well. I live in Cypress Texas!
Welcome to BYC. I hope you can find a good home for your ducks.

(Takes a deep breath & exhails) it appears we have a “cool front” approaching for … potentially 3 days of Sub-Century-mark high temp’s.

*not gonna hold my breathe but, I will welcome this…

FAFF031D-7A51-4B4D-A2A7-8720F0BA8A8F.jpeg

6D81BE80-D764-441F-9A55-C5620CED6435.jpeg

5BB9A512-08E2-4582-9B69-48D7FD1E21BE.jpeg

So done with craters in my yard. My yard is covered in pieces of wood and old rugs so the dogs and my elderly mother don't fall in. Chickens are good with everything that I do daily. Electrolytes with frozen water bottles in it, huge ice blocks, mister under the tree (we're in wildfire danger zone right now so low humidity), water emptied and refilled 3x a day, lots of shade. It's exhausting to have no rain. I know y'all can relate!

Back
Top Bottom