Texas

TXBlues, I'm also in Cen. TX (Hill Country). Just some thoughts on your A-frame coop: will that be in total shade during the day during all seasons? If not, the tin roof will turn your coop into an easy-bake oven, no joke. You should consider insulating, then chicken-proofing, the interior surface of the tin if it is to remain bare. Another suggestion: chicken wire will not prevent predators from getting to your chickens. Hardware cloth is the best way to go with any form of screen, IMHO. You might find some helpful ideas in the Coop and Run forum. Heading to the barn now.....

Pics of the she shed, hubby painted the floor while I was doing a side job today❤️

Attachments

• 20240127_153457.jpg
    20240127_153457.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi!
I live outside Houston, TX, and have 14x healthy 2-3 day old Muscovy ducklings. Trying to find a good home. I have a contingency plan in the form of my family members that have property up north, and am happy to raise them until they're old enough to take there, but would love if anyone has any desire to have some or all of these little things. They're very cute. I'll gladly PAY someone to get them to a good home where they can live out their days. Depending how early someone takes them, I'll also provide a lot of food and other supplies :)
There is a "Chickens near Houston" group on Facebook. You might have luck finding someone to take them there.

TXBlues, I'm also in Cen. TX (Hill Country). Just some thoughts on your A-frame coop: will that be in total shade during the day during all seasons? If not, the tin roof will turn your coop into an easy-bake oven, no joke. You should consider insulating, then chicken-proofing, the interior surface of the tin if it is to remain bare. Another suggestion: chicken wire will not prevent predators from getting to your chickens. Hardware cloth is the best way to go with any form of screen, IMHO. You might find some helpful ideas in the Coop and Run forum. Heading to the barn now.....
I’ll keep that in mind about the tin roof. I was planning on painting it white and keeping it under shade trees in the summer.
I’m willing to take the risk on the 1” poultry wire. …Unless some one wants to donate $ or HC.
The chickens free range most days and hawks are my biggest concern.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom