Texas

We can't keep roosters 😞 so I'm explaining to them each day that they need to be females.

I bought out their whole stock (all three).

Why do you ask about roosters? Are Easter Eggers sex links?
Can you take a few more clear pictures of each one's head?

1000005166.jpg

I'm always interested in how people can tell these things. What are you seeing?

The darker headed one is my guess because it's always trying to dash around when I have them on my chest.

Can you get pictures of the tops of their heads?

I actually think it's the other one with more yellow in this picture.

It's a pure guess. No one can really tell their sex by looking at these pictures.

We can't keep roosters 😞 so I'm explaining to them each day that they need to be females.

I bought out their whole stock (all three).
I also guess at least one will be male because you bought them at the feed store and because they were the last ones left.
You just might have more than one.

I'm always interested in how people can tell these things. What are you seeing?

The darker headed one is my guess because it's always trying to dash around when I have them on my chest.
Look at the combs developing. The males tend to develop quicker when looking at combs. Starts being obvious after you've watched chicks grow several times.

Males will also be braver (stupider) and dash about exploring while the females are hanging back or following. Until they are 6 months, chickens have 3 sexes. Male, female and no clue. So odds are that you have one of each. :lau

After 6 months, you will have 2 sexes. About to lay an egg and gumbo. Trust me on the gumbo. Having a yard full of crowing cockerels will make everyone want gumbo.

Looking to give away 2 beautiful 4 month old barred plymouth rock mix roosters. One is a barred rock/sumatra & the other is a white rock/cinnamon queen. We are in the San Antonio area. Will meet you halfway if interested in either of them for your flock. Think they'll be great protectors.

Back
Top Bottom