Texas

frow.gif
Howdy y'all and
welcome-byc.gif
newcomers!

I am in Boerne, which is near San Antonio, at the beginning of the Hill Country. I live right in town, on a large city lot with my Husband, one daughter ( two others are away at school), and one old dog, Lucy. We have 17 chickens right now, but too many roosters, which I will have to rehome asap!! I don't want to make my neighbors mad, you know?

By any chance does anyone around Central Tx have Nankins for sale? Birds, chicks, eggs it doesnt really matter. I just found these birds and have fallen in love with them. They are very rare and HARD to find!!

I will be going back and forth Dallas and McAllen almost every other week and I am planning to bring along a trio of my pet serama bantams with me.

I will be crossing a checkpoint at Falfurrias....

does anyone know if I need to get a permit/license to transport these chickens with me within Texas?

Hi everyone....

Does anyone around the Dallas area want a young rooster? Roo's are a NO NO Big Time in garland....

I believe he is a silver laced wyandotte...

im not positive thou thats what he is...

But hes Beautiful!!!!!! thats for sure...............

if anyone is interested i can take pictures....

Quote:
Ive never been a big fan of bantams, they just dont appeal to me. But out of curiousity I looked up the rare breeds of birds and these were on the critically endangered list. So I started checking into them and just love them! They are so tiny and cute! The first website doesnt really have any good pictures of the hens. The second one does though. I love being unique and have things not everyone has. I dont want rhode island reds(nothing against them) because everybody and their momma have them. I like to have something not everybody in the neighborhood has. I have araucanas and welsummers(just b/c I love them) eggs right now. Plus when I was reading up on nankins, everyone says they are the most friendly birds. The cocks are gentle and nonaggressive. Plus they tend to hang around the coop when they are allowed to free range. Which was one of the reasons why I didnt want bantams to begin with. They love to fly and run off alot. But the down fall since they are on the critically endangered list, is that they are hard to find.
hmm.png

http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/4/4-1/nankin_bantams_something_old_something_new.html

This lady has some great photos of them:
http://www.kswaterfowl.blogspot.com/

Back
Top Bottom