Texas

Maybe the wrong place, if so Modly Ones feel free to delete, but out and about today I saw a sign on Division saying Farmers Market Friday & Saturday... and thought HUH? So I did some snooping and sure enough...

http://www.downtownarlingtonfarmersmarket.com/index.html

The Downtown Arlington Farmers Market is a vendor supported local community market that is open every Friday and Saturday from 8am-1pm (or until the vendors sell out!)

On Front Street (that road that runs right next to the tracks) between Mesquite and Elm... I'ma try and get out there manana... VERY neat.

Before there was the Cooper one... okay, but for some odd reason just doesn't feel very Markety to me (weird I know) and I knew of one that was available sometimes in Grand Prarie (years ago donno if it still is) but other than that I didn't know... then someone told me that one they bought from didn't even bother to remove the Walmart tags from the stuff they were selling... so I've been a bit wary.

ANYWHO... didn't know if anyone else knew about this so I wanted to share... I love the vendor called The Egg Lady From Mansfield.

Hello, all!

I'm in Dallas. Whew! It's starting off to be a hot summer! Even my heat tolerant bantams are panting and holding their wings out away from their bodies. I've had misters going, and put out pans of water. I'm trying to teach the chickens how to stand in the water to cool off, but so far they don't seem to be getting the idea.

If anyone in the area would like some young cockerels, take a look at my listing in "Buy/Sell/Auction." I have six or seven young bantams I need to rehome this summer.

Elmo, just so you know I'm scared of you...

Ahem. Well at least the Sesame Street version.

Welcome! And I'd love some bantams buuuttt I'm looking for a trio. My Ausies aren't taking well to the heat either, but I've been freezing water bottles and placing them around the shaded areas for them.

this is probably the wrong thread to ask this..but everyone here is from texas i need some info
smile.png
what better place to ask
i was wondering if anyone on here has any pheasants? i was told that i would need a permit to have pheasants,,but i checked
the permit rules and it says its requiered only if i plan to sell them or to sell the eggs..i only want them to eat here for my family..
do i still need one? anyone else know about this? or is it fine to have them as long as they stay here and i dont sell? help
smile.png

Quote:
Wish I could help ya, but I have no idea. Have you tried posting about this in the pheasant threads? Maybe someone over there knows a little bit more about it. If not, Im sure you could always call your local county extension office.

Quote:
I have pheasants, and yes you need a license. You can get one very easily and cheap, $27 from texas parks and wildlife. Go on their website and look up gamebird breeders license. You must have this to raise or posess any gamebird in Texas (quail, pheasant, chukar,and all subspecies) this does not include coturnix or button quail. The license will allow you to raise up to 1000 birds a year. You do have to report what you have done with the birds every year, no problem for me I can show them my freezer.

Quote:
I have pheasants, and yes you need a license. You can get one very easily and cheap, $27 from texas parks and wildlife. Go on their website and look up gamebird breeders license. You must have this to raise or posess any gamebird in Texas (quail, pheasant, chukar,and all subspecies) this does not include coturnix or button quail. The license will allow you to raise up to 1000 birds a year. You do have to report what you have done with the birds every year, no problem for me I can show them my freezer.

wow ok good to know this..i will need to get one before these eggs even get close to hatching..thank you i only have 24 eggs about half to hatch..thank you will get to work on it right away..
but i see that only hunting liciences are shown in houston..says to hunt quail or pheasant but i dont hunt just want to raise at home to eat..might have to go to an office..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom