Texas

hugs.gif
good morning Texas!!!!

I am looking for a few birds I hope someone has out there. I hope it's ok I make this request here....

I need 2 white sultan roosters

1 porcelain d'Uccle rooster

and 2 black tail buff Japanese hens.

I am willing to pay $10.00 for the roosters, and $12.00 for the hens. If you can help me out please send me an email with pictures if you have any. The prices I quote are for adult birds. If you have chicks please send me your price.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend Texas... I'm so glad I moved here
wee.gif

Does anyone know the laws in Texas with hawks? Ive been told its illegal to kill them, but what if they are killing your animals? I cant seem to find anything on the web about it.

Greetings to all my fellow Texans - I'm kinda new to the website. I've been reading and trying to learn as much as possible before jumping in to this new endeavor. I have 4 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Americaunas. I recently bought a dozen Australorp eggs from Gabbard Farms via eBay after reading that they've set records with their egg laying:D. They've been in the incubator for a week and a half and I'm really getting anxious. We candled them at 1 week and it seems that only 5 of them are likely to hatch (keeping my fingers crossed). I'm hoping to find someone who's within driving distance who has full blooded Australorps eggs or chicks for sale - so far I'm not having any luck - any suggestions?

It's been fun watching and taking care of my chickens these past few weeks. One of the Buffs is a couple of months younger than the rest of them and it's been a hoot watching her compete with the "grown ups" for food. We get vegetable pealings and scraps from a restaurant to supplement their chicken feed - one of the bags had some grapes in it and it was really funny watching them chase around trying to steal the grapes from each other even though there were quite a few grapes in the bag.

I'm glad I found you guys - the post office calls us Magnolia but we're just as close to Tomball.

Quote:
Texas law state that you can not shoot hawks. They are a protected species. Contact your local game warden. Show him the dammage you have suffered. He may give you a special permit to kill the ones killing your chickens. I live in a rural area, and my game warden gave me a permit to kill only the ones I see killing my chickens. It will stop them for a while, then you will have to contact him again. The birds always seem to come back. Just a month ago a horned owl was killing my chickens. I got him on tape, and that was all I had to do. Now he is dead!

Have not been around for a while. We got some quail for the first time I like them a lot. Done some pigeon shows. And the hawks are giving my homers hell. Also have a nice new rooster.
148829_1721734289456_1421289020_31840723_2009251_n.jpg

76407_1721735129477_1421289020_31840724_5302958_n.jpg

76084_1721735809494_1421289020_31840725_6710191_n.jpg

4433002-1.jpg

4433003-1.jpg

Quote:
Couldn't resist I Graduated from SWTSU in the 80's. I worked at Sewell Park while going to school. We put the frisbee golf course in that goes around the river. Is it still there ? I sure loved that place.

Couldn't resist I Graduated from SWTSU in the 80's. I worked at Sewell Park while going to school. We put the frisbee golf course in that goes around the river. Is it still there ? I sure loved that place.

I have lived in San Marcos about 11 years, and love the town. I have seen a frisbee golf course on RR 12, west of campus. Since I didn't go to college here, I am not sure about the river course.​

Back
Top Bottom