Texas

Does anyone know where I could get some chickens processed in the San Antonio area? Im having a hard time finding anyone.

Does anyone know where I could get some chickens processed in the San Antonio area? Im having a hard time finding anyone.

I don't know of a specific place, but you might try the smaller towns around, like Comfort. I'd recommend calling a feed store there. May have good info

I don't know of a specific place, but you might try the smaller towns around, like Comfort. I'd recommend calling a feed store there. May have good info
Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. Itll still be awhile till I even have any that I want to get processed bu i figured it would be better to check ahead of time before. Ive thought about doing it myself but it seems kinda....messy..

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. Itll still be awhile till I even have any that I want to get processed bu i figured it would be better to check ahead of time before. Ive thought about doing it myself but it seems kinda....messy..
You might call your local Extension office. Whichever agent does livestock/poultry may be able to give you some leads on people who do/might process.

Please excuse my dumb question but what extension office?

Ausie, there are no "dumb" questions when u r learnin! Heck I don't even know what an extention office is! Lol

your local agricultural extension co-op (in Texas they call them Agrilife extension offices)

just do a search with your county name and "AgriLife Extension"

so since I am in Lampasas county.. I would google
"Lampasas county AgriLife Extension"

For San Antonio.. you would be in Bexar county... here;s their contact info: http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu/contact-us/

you can actually find a lot of info on things in your area...
for instance ...they are offering a beekeeping program on the 18th... http://today.agrilife.org/2012/04/23/bexar-beekeeping/

Great info yinepu! Did not know that! What part of lampassas co are you located? I was in cove about a year ago when I was at hood! I miss the quiet and morter fire! Lol now I'm stuck with gunfire from thugs and cops that beat 15yo kids for not putting their hands behind their backs.... miss the simple life out in the open air and the beauty of cen tex!

Last edited:
Great info yinepu! Did not know that! What part of lampassas co are you located? I was in cove about a year ago when I was at hood! I miss the quiet and morter fire! Lol now I'm stuck with gunfire from thugs and cops that beat 15yo kids for not putting their hands behind their backs.... miss the simple life out in the open air and the beauty of cen tex!

lol... not far from Cove at all... I'm close to Kempner!

Back
Top Bottom