Texas

Welcome! Not sure if you read this, but in the summer I take those little drinking bottles and 2 liter coke bottles, add water and freeze. Then just rotate them in and out of the coop. I am on a rain water system so I can't do a mister, but this just reuses the same water over and over again. they get a little dirty so I throw them in a plastic bag before I put them in the freezer. the chickens love them and fight over who gets to stand on them, very funny to watch
gig.gif
Also, I bought some of that "shade screen" from Home Depot and just throw it over the coop in the summer and then take it down for the winter, it really does keep it 10-15 degrees cooler.
I do the same thing with all our empty coke bottles and water bottles. The sun shade sure works wonders. I take alot with me when I sell my chickens at trade days. Really makes them cooler. I also bring my water hose and nozzle that has a mister on it and give them a quick spray down during the day so help them as well.

Glad you had some great sales Rockin R. Hopefully, you can get some more Ameraucanas to replace the ones you sold. I hate when that happens. :barnie

Hey everybody. I'm in Conroe and new around here and new as a chicken owner. I raised broilers in FFA in high school but this past Saturday I got my first 5 backyarders. I got 2 Production Reds, 1 New Hampshire Red, 1 Golden Sex Link & 1 Ameraucanas. I'm still trying to find one more, a Cochin, either Silver Laced, Golden Laced or Barred. I'm having a heck of a time finding one without ordering WAY more than I need from a hatchery. Anybody know where I can find one???

Glad you had some great sales Rockin R. Hopefully, you can get some more Ameraucanas to replace the ones you sold. I hate when that happens.
barnie.gif
Oh believe me soo do I. specially after the rush was finally over and a friend of mine and i realized what just happened LOL.
I am sure I can get some more. Fingers Crossed anyway lol

Do you know if we can have chickens in the city (in Midlothian)?
I have no Idea. I think if you call your city hall they can tell you or not. Or maybe your Animal Patrol Personal should be able to tell you as well. Let me ask in my DFWPoultry group on Yahoo they might be able to tell me.
deana
okay doing an Edit...

I just sent a message out to my texas group in yahoo. I will let you know as soon as I hear something

Last edited:
Hey everybody. I'm in Conroe and new around here and new as a chicken owner. I raised broilers in FFA in high school but this past Saturday I got my first 5 backyarders. I got 2 Production Reds, 1 New Hampshire Red, 1 Golden Sex Link & 1 Ameraucanas. I'm still trying to find one more, a Cochin, either Silver Laced, Golden Laced or Barred. I'm having a heck of a time finding one without ordering WAY more than I need from a hatchery. Anybody know where I can find one???
OH to bad you are not closer I have the gold lace wyandotte and silver lace in cochin size for sell. Not sure if this time of the year would be good to ship a 8month old hen or not. If you knew of someone coming up to the fort worth area or passing threw we can do a drop off lol
deana

Does anyone know how to fix the color options and the size we want to use to be permanent. Each time I post a message I have to manually go in and change the color I want to use and the size of the text. Was not sure if there was a way to make it permanent till I go back and change it.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom