• Small party

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • With rum

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of oil do you use?
peanut oil is best but very expensive 🤣 so we have have been getting the 3.5 gal frying oil from Rural King. mr muddy brines for 48 hours, injects with creole butter injectable marinade and rubs with the tony chachere’s creole seasoning. pre-measure proper oil amount, preheat oil, turn off flame and slowly lower dry, thawed turkey into the oil and fry for approximately 45 minutes or until ideal internal temperature achieved. keep fire extinguisher handy and fry outdoors away from structures!!

peanut oil is best but very expensive 🤣 so we have have been getting the 3.5 gal frying oil from Rural King. mr muddy brines for 48 hours, injects with creole butter injectable marinade and rubs with the tony chachere’s creole seasoning. pre-measure proper oil amount, preheat oil, turn off flame and slowly lower dry, thawed turkey into the oil and fry for approximately 45 minutes or until ideal internal temperature achieved. keep fire extinguisher handy and fry outdoors away from structures!!
mr muddy adds that the bigger the frying pot, the better! I would say that more ppl burn their houses down frying turkeys than with fireworks!! it can be good to practice with a chicken prior to frying a turkey. Safety FIRST!

mr muddy adds that the bigger the frying pot, the better! I would say that more ppl burn their houses down frying turkeys than with fireworks!! it can be good to practice with a chicken prior to frying a turkey. Safety FIRST!
I will never deep fry a turkey. If I want a turkey, I want it with all the fixings and that includes the stuffing inside it.

How many turkeys could I fry in a 44 gal drum??

I will never deep fry a turkey. If I want a turkey, I want it with all the fixings and that includes the stuffing inside it.
i like stuffing but i’m willing to compromise and have dressing for the difference of a fried turkey!!! last year when i ended up with smaller birds due to delayed start, we fried one and smoked one. both were good, but the fried one disappeared faster!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom