Thanks be to God

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Dec 24, 2009.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    On this Christmas Eve, I find myself awed by the mercy of God and grateful for answered prayers. I start this thread not to become a devisive argument about religion, but as a way for us to share the blessings from what was definitely a hard year. Please share your blessings and answered prayers so we can rejoice with each other. Thanks be to God!

My answered prayer? My dad was diagnosed with first lymphoma and then pancreatic cancer back in the spring. He went downhill fast and we all thought we would lose him in a matter of weeks. I am very, very close to my dad and it just about ripped me apart. After many, many sleepless prayer filled nights (and after a prayer chain that spread like wildfire), the diagnosis was revised. Dad had lymphoma, a very treatable form of lymphoma. After 6 months of chemo, he is officially in remission and is doing great. Thanks be to God for answers to wordless midnight prayers!

[​IMG]

tigercountry2023 and pertnear09 like this.
  2. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Give your dad a hug from us all. Merry Christmas and God Bless. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Thanks, JoJo!

No one has anything to be thankful for? Sad...

4. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    hey, i just got here!

I am thankful for the mercy of the Father, who has saved and redeemed me.

For my grumpy husband, who is off work tonight, and I love dearly, grump and all, because he is here, and many officers this year have lost thier lives,

for my teenage children fighting in the kitchen, for I was able to have children, after suffering the devestating loss of two children,

for my new grandson, who is the hope of the future,

for my oldest daughter for bringing the hope of the future into our lives,

for the blessing of being a countrywife,

and for you people, who befreinded me, put up with my silly questions, and welcomed me in.

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I am thankful for a wonderful man that loves me. That I still have my home after all we have been through over the last year and half. That my parents and the rest of my family is pretty healthy and happy.

Wonderful news about your Dad!!

May Creator bestow blessings upon you and yours on this and everynight. Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Yule!!

Blessed Be

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  6. I am so thankful to God, My DIL had a stroke and taken to Shands hospital in Jax, Fla. Kidneys failed, on life support. Kidney dr. wanted to pull the plug, but my oldest GG said No. she had a prayer train going. He told her she was brain dead and to pull the plug. Sibrina said they would wait 24 hrs. Next morning they got to hospital, she was sitting up in bed eating scrambled eggs and toast. Kidney dr. saying its not possible. It's just not possible. Sibrina said Her God could do anything. Dr. leaves room mumbling, it's just not possible. She will have to have physical therpy, but I talked to her and she knew me and only talked slow. PRAISE GOD. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] marrie

tigercountry2023 and pertnear09 like this.
  7. Quote:Love your sig. and you are so right marrie

8. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I knew there had to be blessed people on here! [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing!

(Psst... Sundance. How's that rooster doing? [​IMG] )

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

At midnight begins the celebration of the birth of my Lord Jesus Christ. A miracle birth. The one that gave me the way to salvation no matter how imperfect I am.

I am thankful for a roof over my head, a good job, a great love, wonderful kids, food on the table and extra money this year to make Christmas better for two little children. And bottled water.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I am so grateful for everything the Lord has blessed us with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by