I come from a large family, on average for Thanksgiving we only have 50 people attend because most people go to their spouse's side for Thanksgiving and then our side of the family for Christmas. The host of Thanksgiving makes the turkey, everyone else brings a side dish. We always do a sign up sheet/text, it is always the same sides but each person/family can sign up for a different dish every year.
Turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, corn, green bean casserole, calico beans, coleslaw, cheese & sausage tray, veggie tray, jello fluff, cranberry jello salad, deviled eggs, pumpkin pies, other pies, buttered buns, cake pops, and chips.

I come from a large family, on average for Thanksgiving we only have 50 people attend because most people go to their spouse's side for Thanksgiving and then our side of the family for Christmas. The host of Thanksgiving makes the turkey, everyone else brings a side dish. We always do a sign up sheet/text, it is always the same sides but each person/family can sign up for a different dish every year.
Turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, corn, green bean casserole, calico beans, coleslaw, cheese & sausage tray, veggie tray, jello fluff, cranberry jello salad, deviled eggs, pumpkin pies, other pies, buttered buns, cake pops, and chips.
what, if anything, will be different this year?
?

We are down to 27 living in our family. We always switch off Christmas and Thanksgiving. On the off years my mother doesn’t have us for Christmas we go for New Years for the children. No one dares visit though because too many people have a false sense of security, then get it.
I brought turkey when I was raising them, and then everyone shops for the dishes they will make.

My family situation is unusual, so I’m likely dining alone. I spent too much on a turkey breast (I didn’t notice I was grabbing a 7 pounder!), but wish I’d gotten a whole bird since it would have been cheaper! Because of that, I’m pretty sure I am raising turkeys again next year.
Anyway... I like yams and sweet potatoes, I might make corn. I am skipping homemade stuffing, and doing Stovetop. I suppose I can make myself some baked macaroni and cheese (especially if the 6-y-o is here). Cheesy green beans sound good. :caf I have to make Thanksgiving feel real because it’s something to look forward to.

@BullChick

I really feel bad that you will be spending Thanksgiving by yourself.

I have a feeling my husband and I will stay home this year. Usually we go to our daughters for Thanksgiving and Christmas. She lives one hour and fifteen minutes away.

@BullChick

I really feel bad that you will be spending Thanksgiving by yourself.

I have a feeling my husband and I will stay home this year. Usually we go to our daughters for Thanksgiving and Christmas. She lives one hour and fifteen minutes away.
I appreciate that.
You can do video chat, and put her on the table while you all eat. Next year ( :fl ) will be all the sweeter if we make it through.

Our meat for Thanksgiving is random picking. It is really whatever we want to make. This ranges from Turkey, Chicken, Prime Rib, Cornish Hens, Rib Eye Steaks, Ham, or some other form of pork.

The side dishes we like are mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry bake, dressing (with or without the bird), and other dishes that might make the table are sweet potato casserole, mac-n-cheese.

For dessert we usually have a German Chocolate Cake, or Applesauce Cake, or Jam Cake, or Chess Cake.

I try to have an appetizer available as a munchie during the day.

Back
Top Bottom