Thanksgiving Day Hatch, anyone?

I was thinking mine are in a 1 1/2' by 2 1/2' foot cage that is plenty big enough for the three of them. I could get a few more in it for sure if I didn't have the chick feeder and waterer in there. I wasn't really prepared for quail!! Do you use the game bird feeders for yours? If not what do you use?

Thanks for the pics luvmychix! I even showed my 6 & 21 month old the pics and they loved all the chicks! Soooo neat to see soo many together!
big_smile.png

Quote:
are you talking about the babies or the adults? for the babies we use quail starter and for our adults we use quail grower & layer pellets Or the gamebird food.

Last edited:
Quote:
it is something else to see so many together.....whats funnier is feeding time...
lau.gif
they all came running and walking and jumping over eachother - it becomes just a big ball of fluff rolling at you...
gig.gif

Quote:
are you talking about the babies or the adults? for the babies we use quail starter and for our adults we use quail grower & layer pellets Or the gamebird food.

No I said what kind of feeders, the things you put the feed in
tongue.png
I assume with an enclosure that big you have them with outside access. Do you have their feeders in the outside part or the inside part? And what kind of feeders do you use?

Quote:

No I said what kind of feeders, the things you put the feed in
tongue.png
I assume with an enclosure that big you have them with outside access. Do you have their feeders in the outside part or the inside part? And what kind of feeders do you use?

my husband made them a big feeder...... the long red ones i had to refill to many times a day... they also drink about 8 gallons of water a day as well.

Quote:
here is a better one of the quail.... got more in the picture on this one....
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq335/luvmychix/IMG_0312.jpg

I think if I tried to hatch this many my husband WOULD move out. He told me the next person to bring another animal home was leaving! I am sure that he meant me because he never brings anything home.....
wink.png
But if I hatch out my eggs, technically I am not bringing anything home...but I haven't wanted to chance it!

Back
Top Bottom