Thanksgiving Hatch- Anyone want to join in?

lol... i candled a few last night... 1/4 of the way through day 4 for me...

one white egg had crazy spider in it already....
one white egg had a black dot moving around...
one brown egg i couldn't see any veining or a dot, but i could see the air cell....
one green egg, CSS... couldn't see sh.....

lol.... is that normal to not be able to see through the green ones?? or does that mean that mine really are that close to the olive color already??

i'm rather excited to get over and get my duck eggs today too... WooT...

My grand daughter (5 yrs old)placed some eggs in a home made incubator on the evening of the 4th. 12 Amerucana, 12 Black Marans

This is our first try at hatching

Good luck to her and all of the rest of you

Quote:
i couldn't even see darkness... the light didn't penetrate the shell at all.... my buddy that's hatching some of my eggs said he couldn't see in them and i figured i'd try a high power flashlight.. that did nothing either...

lol.. guess we'll wait and see.....

i'll probly only candle this bunch maybe on day 10, then again on lockdown... i have too much other stuff to do this week and next...

Well, I candled all of the eggs last night! I made my own candler out of a lamp, a "daylight" bulb, and a shoebox with a hole cut out of the top. It works great. I saw MANY good eggs, which I was happy about. Some "iffy" eggs that I couldn't really tell, and I can't see a darn thing in the 2 Americana eggs I set on Oct. 30th. Today is day 12 for those.

I'm going to wait another several days and try to candle the eggs again.
D.gif

Oh yea! Going to hatch on Thanksgiving weekend, weekend before Thanksgiving and weekend after Thanksgiving. My son gave me a Sportsman for my birthday. Got 40 of my eggs mostly mixed breed with a few Austrolorps, 24 dominiques and austrolorps, 24 RIR and austrolorps, and have some silver laced wyndottes on the way and austrolorps. As you can see having way too much fun. Have no idea what we are going to do with all the chicks if there is a good hatch rate. Son is building a brooder this week. I have a brooder house where they will go after a few weeks but it has 21 chickens, BCM's, blue andulusians, couple BO, and one lone lavander in there now. I have added to the bator 3 times as of today and have another batch to put in tomorrow I hope. So will be keeping in touch with how everyone is doing.

Quote:
holy chickies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i don't think i'll ever be able to play with the big girls.. lol.. i've got 17 in the bator now.. will hopefully add duck eggs tonight.. and then whatever i get from the nov swap... but i cna't even fathom that many chicks... lol..
good luck....

*derails thread* i LOVE that iris in your avatar pic.. is that from your garden??

Back
Top Bottom