Thanksgiving Hatch- Anyone want to join in?

Ok, I candled some of them this morning. I saw lots of viable embryos, and a few that were too dark to really see much. I did see this one that I think of the ring of death, but I'm not sure. The second dark spot on the egg really worries me. What say you?

4100758948_83e9a644da.jpg

4100758652_f75d2b233b.jpg

In the first pic, is that a ring?

Last edited:
I candled mine on Day #6 and all but 1 were developing. Then last night, my light bulb in my homemade bator blew. Temp got down to 80 before I realized it. Everything back up to normal now. Will have to wait and see. I will candle again next week.

Quote:

Well we candled tonight day 10 and only 12 out of 23 eggs are developing. The temp and humidity has been spot on this enitre time, so I am really dissappointed. Not sure if it is something I have done or just lack of fertility. They were all shipped eggs. My cochins came from ebay (3 out of 9 of those did not develop) and my silkies I bought from a fellow BYCer. I hope the rest of the hatch goes well. I am feeling a little discouraged.
sad.png

Quote:
for shipped eggs that's not bad.. they say you're lucky to get 50% on shipped... i had 12 silkie eggs that got scrambled.. and i just got 12 duck eggs, 3 cracked during shipping, and i have 3 for sure 1 probably, 2 i'm not sure, and 3 nothing... so you're doing better than i am with shipped eggs...

don't get discouraged...

Quote:
for shipped eggs that's not bad.. they say you're lucky to get 50% on shipped... i had 12 silkie eggs that got scrambled.. and i just got 12 duck eggs, 3 cracked during shipping, and i have 3 for sure 1 probably, 2 i'm not sure, and 3 nothing... so you're doing better than i am with shipped eggs...

don't get discouraged...

Oh thank you for your reply! Keeping my fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Well I started my incubator up on the 5th with 13 eggs, my daughter and I candled them yesterday, all but one looked like chicks were growing inside, anyway all of them had dark areas in them, then I dropped one and it broke open sure enough there was a embreo forming inside.
I guess we will keep our fingers crossed and see if we get baby chicks for Thanksgiving.
thumbsup.gif

wee.gif

Rod

Last edited by a moderator:
With my shipped eggs I started with 35, 1 was cracked, 10 tossed out on day 14. So I've got 24 I'm waiting on this Thurs to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom