Thanksgiving Hatchalong

Hatch is complete 4 polish and six blue/gold partridge brahmas! Very thankful and happy for all the thanksgiving hatchlings!

Grats Chonsey they are adorable.

My first of 26 is out finally out and occasionally trying to walk, seems one leg wants to go out really far though, is this just cause she was just hatched or should I deal with it now?

If you look at my pics I put down some of that material for drawers on the bottom of my incubator, or paper towel tO help their feet and legs . Look in learning center, I haven't experienced that.

I have paper towel even in the incubator, it's added when I take the turner out and use it in the brooding pen too, didn't have this issue last hatch but only 1 hatched

ya.gif
D.gif
Yiiipeeee!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif

So eggcited and blessed!!! 4/5 hatched so far and the 4th is the smashed olive egg chick!!!! The first three hatched on their own and the smashed egg was assisted. The chicks were very sticky and in need of a post hatching bath, but are back in the "fixed" hatcher drying off and fluffing out. Yay!!!! They survived the chaos and hatched!! I will keep a close watch over them the next couple weeks for any signs of health issues caused by the pre-hatching trauma. But, they are here now! WooHoo!!

YAY!!!
wee.gif
ya.gif

My silkie hen Missy did a good job and successfully hatched 2 out of 5 eggs, the other 3 don't seem to be alive but I am not sure. The cute little bundles of fuzz are adorable!!!!!!!
love.gif

Now I just have to hope that they are pullets
fl.gif

Oh gosh. I have another broody. I didn't even know my muscovies were laying yet. They're 6 months old and I thought they wouldn't be laying until next spring. One disappeared and I thought for sure one of the roaming neighborhood dogs had gotten her. As the other muscovy girl stopped leaving the yard. They used to leave the yard together every single morning. Then I stopped seeing Janet. Chrissy stopped leaving the yard. So I assumed she had gotten caught by something and it scared Chrissy out of leaving the yard. Nope. Was out looking for one of our cats that has been gone since last night, and saw what I thought was a possum under a bush in the front yard. Took a closer look and realized I had found Janet and what I saw was her downy nest. I saw her come in the yard right before dark to eat yesterday but she left again last night. I was actually going to ambush her the next time I saw her in the yard and we were going to clip her wings because I was sure my lawn ornament was eating at my house and decorating someone elses lawn. Good thing we didn't see her again and clip her wings before I saw the nest. I have no idea on the due date for these guys. After tomorrow I guess I'll have to move her to a December thread. Lol.

any ideas from someone with more experience than me

Had to assist on day 22, 2 mal-positioned chicks due to low humidity issue sometime between day 15-17, fixed situation when I got home and upped the humidity to 65-70% from day 17-22. Did a check as already had 2 chicks hatched and most had died after lock down. Found 2 still alive but shrink wrapped besides being mal-positioned. So found the beak and got them air, when one kicked free but still had not absorbed the egg yolk. checking on them and wetting the others membrane as needed as it is veins haven't yet quite finished being absorbed, no bleeding from either at this time.

How long can they stay in the bator and is there anything else I should be doing to help these 2 last ones

This is Jack, the daddy, on the left and Chrissy on the right. Chrissy may possibly have contributed to the eggs under Janet. I have no idea. I also haven't checked to see how many eggs are even in the nest.

Back
Top Bottom