Thanksgiving Hatchalong

Update picture of my 3 little survivors. The one on the left was the very first to hatch and the only survivor out of the 6 that went into the backyard and the other 5 disappeared. The other two are from when the hen stopped sitting on the eggs and they were kept warm on heating pad. The one in the middle hatched out in my car while I was picking my daughter up from school. I cranked up the heat in the car and was extremely thankful for the rainy 93% humidity day we were having. The last I thought for sure was a dud hatched out that night after I slipped the eggs back under the sleeping mama hen. It was weak and couldn't walk well. They are my little survivor mutt chickens. If any are hens they will have a place to call home indefinitely... this backyard needs no more roosters though. So I'm crossing my fingers they don't all turn out roosters.

Glad you came back with an update! You really went through so much with them and your broody. The chicks are getting so big :) Love those mutts! Got quite a few myself, they are my best layers and have tons of personality! I hope they all turn out to be pullets for you :) I also only ended up with 3 chicks from my hatch last weekend so I'm hoping for girls too!

Here are the Thanksgiving Four! Hatched on day 19? They were shipped eggs, I let them sit for a day and a half before placing them in the incubator.
So happy I had the day off and was able to see it happen! Still waiting for the other five to hatch! One is in process.

Back
Top Bottom