Thanksgiving pies and such .....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Nov 11, 2011.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Okay, so I was asked to bring my traditional pies, etc, for Thanksgiving this year.....absent the duck eggs. Thinking the duck eggs go in anyway. And no one will be the wiser!

2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

There ya go. If they dont ask then dont tell lol.

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Really? I think if they want to control what goes into the food, they can cook it themselves.

With the exception that I'll have some consideration for underage relatives with food allergies. Adults with food allergies can eat something else (but I will warn them)

4. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    Why would they ask you to leave out the duck eggs that's what makes them better.
    [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:X2 but as long as you know they don't have allergies I wouldn't tell them.

6. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:X2!

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Some folks my dh included think duck eggs are strong. So I will bake with them and he doesn't have a clue.

8. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Some folks my dh included think duck eggs are strong. So I will bake with them and he doesn't have a clue.

Nice! My mom and brother love them! But my sister thinks of it as eating a baby duckling.... How is it any differnt then chicken eggs?..... That was last month though! Now she will only use duck eggs in her cookies!

9. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.

Nice! My mom and brother love them! But my sister thinks of it as eating a baby duckling.... How is it any differnt then chicken eggs?..... That was last month though! Now she will only use duck eggs in her cookies!

I think it's just something they get in their heads and no matter what it can't be removed. The yolk in duck eggs is larger than chicken eggs and not as much white.

10. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Nice! My mom and brother love them! But my sister thinks of it as eating a baby duckling.... How is it any differnt then chicken eggs?..... That was last month though! Now she will only use duck eggs in her cookies!

I think it's just something they get in their heads and no matter what it can't be removed. The yolk in duck eggs is larger than chicken eggs and not as much white.

I noticed the yolk thing today when I put eggs in the freezer. Lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by