Thanksgiving- What are your plans?

Quote:
This is me!!!!!! MeMeMe!!!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!
Introverts will rule the world. And we will do it quietly without anyone else's input
smile.png

It will be a day off ... No cooking. My husband has ALS ( Lou Gehrig disease), is paralyzed, on life support and a feeding tube here at home. Our daughter will be spending the day with my family in NYas the holidays are very difficult for her with her dad in this condition. She is very apprehensive about going, but I told her it would be good for her to see family and give everyone a hug for me.

just me and my husband (and the critters)..
we already butchered a turkey which will be deep fried with cajun seasoning.. then will make some french fries in the same oil so they will be cajun fries
big_smile.png

making stuffing on the side, a pumpkin cheesecake, green bean casserole and cranberry salad.
droolin.gif

Quote:
Me too! I was always fortunate, as a young mother, to be able to spend the holidays with my children and family. I promised to pass on the favor when my kids left home. So, I work the holidays, willingly.

We will have a nice big holiday meal on Sunday with turkey and all the great side dishes.

My cousins are visiting, and then we're going to have a big dinner like we usually do at my grandma's house.

Quote:
Coupl'a questions: If your uncles insult you and you and your home, why on earth are you going that extra mile to cook and bring dinner to them? You are a much better woman than I am!! Don't mean to pry; just wondering...
tongue.png

Also, how do you smoke a pumpkin pie? That sounds wonderful!!! We have a Big Green Egg, unfortunately the turkey's going to be on it this Thanksgiving, but our neighbors are participating in our festivities, and they have a smoker that I bet I could claim some space on!

We're hosting this year as well, but we have lots of people contributing; we'll be having turkey, honey baked ham, whole chickens, dressing, sweet potato casserole, chili cheese casserole, oyster casserole, dirty rice, mashed potatoes, green beans, yeast rolls, cranberry sauce, coleslaw, ambrosia, and homemade pecan and apple pie. I was considering a key lime pie, too, but we'll see....

My mom and dad are going out to eat at the Golden Corral, no mess, no clean ups.
My sister and her family are going to inlaws house, just down the road from them.
As for me and hubby and daughter, I will have a mini thanksgiving dinner. If you can find some one or two serving size stuffings and all the trimmings in smaller volume, all for the better!

I will be baking turkey breasts, real mashed potatoes, jar gravy, green beans with bacon, seven layer salad, cranberry jelly, and hopefully I can find either half a pie or quarter pumpkin pie, some cupcakes to be made for daughter and hubby. Jello as well. I know I probably eat thru this mess for two days, after that the chickens can eat the rest of it except turkey if any left.

Hubby may have to work half day on Thanksgiving which that is OK with me.

We are going to my moms. I'm going to bring, apple and cherry pie, pumkin cream cheese role. cranberry sauce, and Apple cider. We're taking the kids sleding early before we go to moms.

Back
Top Bottom