That possum clawed one of my old girls! Help⁉️

Pics
Well, the old girls are back in the coop full time now! Thanks to every one of you that helped me with her. I wish I could hug you all. I may get a few more chicks! The feed store has some right!
Love to you all, from me and my old girl.
Best of luck with the new babies and congrats again of the recovery of your girls!

Here’s a picture of everything that I have. What can I do for her?

Hi, So sorry for your birds. You have had excellent help so far, with everyone helping.
I hope you do not mind, but have you ever heard of the dressing, ALGISTINE M.
It is a special dressing you can buy online. I have copied the page for you to read.
It is excellent for deep wounds, as you place a little inside the wound, (use tweezers)
and make sure they are sterile. Then i would place another sterlie dressing on top of
wound. Then use a lightweight bandage and try your best, to wrap it around her head,
so it holds there. This ALGISTINE M is brilliant stuff. As it helps new tissue to heal.
Leave it on her for 24hrs, even longer. Then check it, and take old dressing out, and
repeat this for as long as it takes. Although this is for humans, lol years ago our
dog was attacked, where she had a huge gaping hole. Although our vet saw her straight away, it was costing a fortune, for our vet to dress. I noticed him, packing the hole with
this dressing. So googled it.lol It is not expensive at all. The dressing is like fibre, where
you cut what you need. This was a few years ago, we also used it with our chickens.
After a fox attack. this dressing is amazing. Although i am from UK i am sure if you
google it online, you can find it. Trust me it works, for some reason, it eats away at the
rotten tissue and then new tissue grows. Where you will see, the hole starting to close back. We then kept it dry, and put veterinary powder on it. We still have it in our first aid. If you check on AMAZON, with next day delivery, Of course it is your choice, however
looking at your pics, my heart went out to you and your girls. I thought i would let you
know about it. copied it below for you to have an idea.

ALGISITE◊ M
Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing

productphoto_rdax_200x790.jpg

Description
ALGISITE M is a calcium-alginate dressing which forms a soft, gel that absorbs when it comes into contact with wound exudate. ALGISITE M helps utilize the proven benefits of moist wound management.

Features

• Easy to remove
  • Conforms to wound contours
  • Fast gelling, high mannuronic acid fibers
  • Low fiber shed
  • High wet and dry strength
  • Soft and conformable

Benefits

• Easy to remove
    When used in a moderate to highly exuding wound, the dressing forms a soft gel, which does not adhere to the delicate healing tissues in the wound bed. The dressing can be easily lifted out of the wound in one piece, or washed out with saline.
  • Conforms to wound contours
    ALGISITE M is very soft and conformable, allowing it to be molded, folded or cut to meet a wide range of wound shapes and sizes. As the fibers gel, an even more intimate contact with the wound is produced and maintained.
  • Less fiber shed
    All fiber based alginates release fibers when handled, however the advanced bonding technique employed in ALGISITE M greatly reduces this.
  • Moist wound environment
    The production of a gel by the action of exudate on the alginate fibers creates a moist wound environment at the wound surface. This helps prevent eschar formation and promotes an optimal moist wound environment. The dressing allows wound contraction to occur, which may help reduce scarring and also allows gaseous exchange necessary for a healthy wound bed.
  • Highly absorbent
    In-vitro studies have shown that ALGISITE M can absorb 13 times its own weight in exudate. This allows the dressing to remain in the wound for up to 7 days, depending on the nature of the wound and the volume of exudate.

Indications

For OTC applications, ALGISITE M may be used for the management of minor conditions such as:

• Lacerations
  • Abrasions
  • Skin tears
  • Minor burns
Under the care of a healthcare professional, ALGISITE M may be used for the management of full and partial thickness wounds including:

• Leg Ulcers
  • Pressure ulcers
  • Diabetic foot ulcers
  • Surgical wounds

Precautions

• Ensure the packing in cavities, sinuses etc. has been removed.
  • The dressing may adhere if used on very lightly exuding wounds. If the dressing is not easily removed, moisten it with saline, then remove.
  • Do not use on patients with a known allergy to alginates.

Back
Top Bottom