That was scary...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheGoldenRoo, Jun 18, 2010.

1. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    The other day we had a really bad storm and it was raining really hard and lightning. And then, our radio goes off and says there is a tornado watch. Then, it goes of again, calling for quarter sized hail and a TORNADO WARNING. [​IMG] So a friend calls us and says that a tornando had been spotted on the ground and was coming right to us. So we have two dogs... One is outside and one is inside. ME and my brother get in the basement with the dog inside. Then, when the storm stops, we ran outside and got the other dog. Then we go into the basement. It's silent.... And... I was creeped out. BEcause I had heard that it is calm before a tornado. But we were all safe.

2. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

There were a lot of tornadoes last night. The one that destroyed a gas station went over our house before it touched down. Thankfully we had no damage, just a lot of water in our corn and alfalfa fields.

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I was thinking about you this morning when it came on the news, they were showing video of the funnel cloud. Isn't that rare for your area? When I think tornadoes I always think futher south. Glad you guys are ok.

Steve

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Wow Goldenroo that must've been a really scary experience. I'm glad you, your brother, and the two dogs are all safe and sound now [​IMG]

5. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Quote:I was thinking about you this morning when it came on the news, they were showing video of the funnel cloud. Isn't that rare for your area? When I think tornadoes I always think futher south. Glad you guys are ok.

Steve

I think its rare to have so many at once, but no we have a very active tornado season (as summer is called here) almost each year. All my peas were ripped off the trellises, but not broken so I can guide them back into the trellises. No chickens blew away either [​IMG]

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I saw that Mn got hit hard. We just had a storm blow across, I knew it was gonna be (is) a nasty one (YIKES LOUD THUNDER JUST NOW) when my rooster made all the hens take cover before the storm even hit.

Yay for tornado season [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by