That's it..I've gone completly nuts....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicken_Lover4567, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    I can't stop thinking about the day when my day old chicks are going to arrive! I keep bugging my dad and my younger brother and everybody! All I talk about is chickens, and some little chicks were even wandering in my dreams. It seems like Wedesnday will never come! [​IMG] I'm sort of venting right now, so...yea. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG] That's just how I felt before my little chicks arrived!

Wednesday will come soon enough!!! Best wishe with them & have fun getting ready for them (that always keeps me busy!) [​IMG]

3. Chicken_Lover4567

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    Yea. I already have a brooder made, I just need to soap it, and get it really clean. (That could take forever...) Then get the light in there, fill it with wood chips, yadda, yadda, yadda...

4. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I had the same problem! Don't worry you'll be so pleased when they arrive. Try to busy yourself preparring for them. What breed? You can always talk to us about it![​IMG]

5. keystonepaul

keystonepaul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Pocono
    Good for you. There really is no cure to chicken fever. it goes into remission, but can flare up from time to time!! enjoy your chicks. Keystonepaul

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I have chicken fever also. Everytime I think okay this is my last hatch I go and get more eggs to hatch. LOL But it is going to stop in 21 days after my last hatch my bator will be unplugged.

7. Chicken_Lover4567

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    LOL. [​IMG] I'm getting 10 Barred Rocks, hopefully 9 pullets and 1 roo. I'll probably end up getting "Packing Peanuts" but the more chickens the merrier. [​IMG]

ETA: As soon as they get here, I'll post some pics. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  8. chicamama

chicamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Topanga Ca
    awwww......exciting stuff. Hold on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by